[Tattoos]

Search
wreckingpit.com:

PSYCHOBILLY FORUM

<  Reviews of albums  ~  Mystification-Psychobilly The Lost Temptation
DeadKittyKatz
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:43 pm  Reply with quote
Wanker

Ukranian psychobilly band Mystification’s new release Psychobilly: The lost temptation was released early January. My eager anticipation of this album was, for the most part justified. As a whole the album is not as good as their last album which is far more balanced. But just like the first album the lyrics are filled with partially broken English that is both humorous and of a quality that would make a gangsta rapper jealous.

The first half of the album opens with an instrumental and the songs that are not necessarily bad, but are not as good as the second half. “Com on it out” is a decent song and I would like to see The Poison Bar cover it but “We don’t care of us” and “Keep going to wreck” are anything but memorable.

Once the album gets to the song “Dance of Lair” it starts to get good again-you see progress from the days of About Lucy and her Little Dog the sound becomes strong unique and truly enjoyable once again. “Rhapsody of Devil” makes it into the category of instrumentals I actually like and it is followed by “Move Move” which sounds like nothing else on the album. If you are not particularly paying attention the song will completely shock you. Its not the old Mystification, its not like the rest of Mystification’s newer songs either. It stands alone as one of the must unique Eastern European ‘billy songs I have ever heard. “Without Glory” and “Forgive, me my body” follow to make the album a wonder.

Albums like this frustrate me that you can’t send money to a Ukrainian Paypal account or that many smaller indie bands aren’t on itunes. If I could download individual songs I would only download about 2/3rds of the album. But the album is definitely good enough to pay for in whole but for those out of the country with shipping it wouldn’t be worth purchasing on its own. If you are finding a way to order over seas and you want this order in bulk-and pick up Insidious Man (the first Mystification CD) too.