[Tattoos]

Search
wreckingpit.com:

PSYCHOBILLY FORUM

<  Reviews of albums  ~  Roam With the Dead- Grave Slaves
DeadKittyKatz
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:30 am  Reply with quote
Wanker

The Grave Slaves just released their first album-Roam with the Dead. There is a lot to praise with this album, good songs good lyrics, but I have a few gripes with it. The overall sound is more horror punk than psychobilly with a flare of goth-rock in the mix.

There is a heavy influence from the misfits. You would have to be living under a rock not to notice it. Listen to It is actually too strong at some points. Because of this there are points where many of the songs start to sound a bit the same. I wish they tried to push things a little bit more in this realm but songs like Blood Red and Suicide are still very good.

The flip side of the album are songs like Outlaw and Devil in Disguise, which sound less like horror punk and more like psychobilly songs. If you donít like the misfits sound these are songs you should still consider listening to. They stick out from the rest of the album.

And in the crossroads you have the song Crazy Psycho which is a well done blend between the two major sounds of the album.

The two songs I donít like are Lies and Crimson Tide. Lies just gets far too repetitive. Crimson Tide is slow, mopey and depressing. I am all for dark songs making me wallow in misery. But it can be done a lot better.

The album could use a little less Misfits, and a bit more variety in sound. But it is a solid album that is above average and I am eager to see how the next album turns out to see where the band goes. You should consider ordering or buying it digitally-at the time of this review you cannot buy songs individually-so some of you may consider waiting but if you arenít patient, are going through a dry spell or like what you hear (you can listen to it all online) then it is definitely worth picking up.

****sidenote: At some point in the future my reviews are also going to be posted on undergroundmusicunites.com. Either it will begin in 2012 or this will be the first review up there.

DeadKittyKatz
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:09 pm  Reply with quote
Wanker

here it is Razz

http://undergroundmusicunites.com/the-grave-slave-roam-with-the-dead/