[Tattoos]

Search
wreckingpit.com:

PSYCHOBILLY FORUM

<  Trade & Sell  ~  Flash drive swap?
DeadKittyKatz
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:37 am  Reply with quote
Wanker

So I was wondering if anyone might be interested in doing some flash drive swaps

I have so many of em i dont know what to do with them anymore, so i figured that we could load em up with music and send them around (or just between 2 people) As long as the flash drives are the same size nothing needs to get sent back and we get to keep all our hard copies of stuff, and we can trade stuff we have only downloaded. If there is any space left over we can just fill it up with other stuff we want to share. Anyone interested?

I am looking to get ahold of stuff by calamatiez, Magnetix's first CD, Stellar Corpses, Rocketz and a few others,

I've got just about everything by the koffin kats (including from our hands to yours the compilation with 12 step rebels which i believe they dont have for download or purchase online), everything by kitty in a casket, hellfreaks, the van orsdels 1st cd and covers of grenade and youre a mean one mr. grinch, lots by the silver shine and much more.

Whos down for a trade?

Jake Noose
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:59 am  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster

DeadKittyKatz wrote:
So I was wondering if anyone might be interested in doing some flash drive swaps

I have so many of em i dont know what to do with them anymore, so i figured that we could load em up with music and send them around (or just between 2 people) As long as the flash drives are the same size nothing needs to get sent back and we get to keep all our hard copies of stuff, and we can trade stuff we have only downloaded. If there is any space left over we can just fill it up with other stuff we want to share. Anyone interested?

I am looking to get ahold of stuff by calamatiez, Magnetix's first CD, Stellar Corpses, Rocketz and a few others,

I've got just about everything by the koffin kats (including from our hands to yours the compilation with 12 step rebels which i believe they dont have for download or purchase online), everything by kitty in a casket, hellfreaks, the van orsdels 1st cd and covers of grenade and youre a mean one mr. grinch, lots by the silver shine and much more.

Whos down for a trade?

Hey man! My flash drive is on line, feel free to click the link below. Should have just about everything you need for your digital requests! Just to let you know, there is a required donation of about $1 a song so that the artists can eat and pay rent and stuff.

www.itunes.com

DeadKittyKatz
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:30 pm  Reply with quote
Wanker

not everything is on itunes (such as johnny love and speed which you were talking about before!)

and some of us are really cheap, and can't afford $50 of music at a time which we could easily do if we do this.

Jake Noose
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:54 pm  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster

Guess what, Einstein? Just because you can't afford something doesn't mean you have the right to own it. The artists can't afford to have the $50 worth of music stolen from them either and a flash drive full of music is a hell of a lot more than $50 worth. It's this kind of lazy, greedy folk that kill the music they "love."

Try reaching out the band themselves if you can't find something, dig through some bins at the record shops (used CD's are always bargains), or make some requests to radio shows / podcasts if you want to hear a specific track you cant find.

And did you even email anybody from Johnny Love and Speed? Or ask Tony on how to get a Rocketz album (he's on here, too)?

http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/TheRocketz

DeadKittyKatz
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:50 pm  Reply with quote
Wanker

ok ok i get your point. I was just tossing it out there. I thought it would be a fun way to get some hard to find (and yes, some not so hard to find) stuff to take on the go. Similiar to the idea of a CD swap but on a larger scale instead of illegally pirating shit

Dan
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:03 pm  Reply with quote

DeadKittyKatz wrote:
Similiar to the idea of a CD swap but on a larger scale instead of illegally pirating shit

Except exchanging a flash drive full of copyrighted music is still illegally pirating shit.

If you want some free music explore some of the great podcasts out on the internets. Or email the artists and ask them if they want to give you free music.

DeadKittyKatz
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:49 pm  Reply with quote
Wanker

actually it wasnt until about 5 months ago (just checked) laws changed most places in november. I actual had a talk about this with a copyright lawyer who lives around the block (generally speaking what does and doesnt count as file sharing-dont remember how it came up) and back then it wasnt.

So yes, I retract the idea because it is (now) illegal.

gumbykills86
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:41 am  Reply with quote
So-Cal Kid

you have any NUTRINOS in your flashdrive?
MattGrimm
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:12 am  Reply with quote
Cuntmaster

DeadKittyKatz wrote:
actually it wasnt until about 5 months ago (just checked) laws changed most places in november. I actual had a talk about this with a copyright lawyer who lives around the block (generally speaking what does and doesnt count as file sharing-dont remember how it came up) and back then it wasnt.

It's been illegal since Metallica sued Napster ya fucking jackwagon. Now I don't like you, and I'm thinking we should have a drink sometime.
Dan
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:59 am  Reply with quote

MattGrimm wrote:
Now I don't like you, and I'm thinking we should have a drink sometime.

Took me a minute to get this reference. That's an old one...

DeadKittyKatz
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:30 am  Reply with quote
Wanker

MattGrimm wrote:
DeadKittyKatz wrote:

It's been illegal since Metallica sued Napster ya fucking jackwagon. Now I don't like you, and I'm thinking we should have a drink sometime.

Except the Metallica v Napster case was about online file sharing, particularly p2p methods. Key word there is online.

Last august New York made flash drives swapping illegal, essentially making a case for any record company that wants to sue in any other state.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9OU0JF02.htm

Dan
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:43 am  Reply with quote

DeadKittyKatz wrote:

Except the Metallica v Napster case was about online file sharing, particularly p2p methods. Key word there is online.

Last august New York made flash drives swapping illegal, essentially making a case for any record company that wants to sue in any other state.

Unauthorized sharing of copyrighted data has been illegal regardless of method for a hell of a lot longer than last August. Just because there wasn't a precedent ruling doesn't mean it isn't illegal. I am fairly certain there is no ruling declaring fucking an infant's skull full of pudding in public illegal, but chances are you will still end up getting some amount of legal trouble from it.

Jake Noose
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:52 am  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster

If somebody charges for their product and you take it without paying for it, it is considered stealing. If you duplicate somebody else's creation (when the creator is still charging for it) and give it out for free, that is also called stealing. It's not really about what a state approves or whether or not it is online, it's really just about disrespecting the artist.

Dan
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:21 pm  Reply with quote

Also just noticed you mentioned The Rocketz in the original post as one band you were looking for music from. Tony is on here somewhat regularly, you can always message him directly if you need help finding their music.

DeadKittyKatz
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:15 pm  Reply with quote
Wanker

Dan wrote:
DeadKittyKatz wrote:

Unauthorized sharing of copyrighted data has been illegal regardless of method for a hell of a lot longer than last August. Just because there wasn't a precedent ruling doesn't mean it isn't illegal. I am fairly certain there is no ruling declaring fucking an infant's skull full of pudding in public illegal, but chances are you will still end up getting some amount of legal trouble from it.

It was a gray area for a variety of reasons (same with the p2p problem, the question being if owning a file that you paid for gives you the right to share it and what mediums are acceptable). Prior to the ruling you could make a strong moral argument, but a much weaker legal one.