[Tattoos]

Search
wreckingpit.com:

PSYCHOBILLY FORUM

<  Psychobilly news  ~  Demented are Go! New single in Jan 2012
Damage
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:10 am  Reply with quote
So-Cal Kid

Psychobilly legend DEMENTED ARE GO will kick-off another chapter of rock'n'roll history in 2012!

The new and stricktly to 666 copies limited 7" single "Lucky Charm" will be available in our very own People Like You Records Webshop on January 16th.
Preorder starts on January 2nd, so stay tuned!

The long awaited, brand new longplayer is finally done and will be released during spring 2012, just to be followed by some mad tour dates. Stay tuned!!!

http://www.peoplelikeyourecords.com/newsdetailed.aspx?IdNews=10743&IdCompany=5
Welsh John
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:17 am  Reply with quote

Well, it's about time! Laughing Cool

Dan
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:37 am  Reply with quote

Nice, calendar marked.

DaFey
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:38 am  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster

Let's see how the new stuff will sound...

BigKeith
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:40 pm  Reply with quote
Hooty Hoo

Looking forward to some new DAG material
Dan
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:14 am  Reply with quote

Got mine in the mail today here at work today. I have never wished I had a turntable here at work more. Going to have it staring at me all day.

Lonesome King
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:21 pm  Reply with quote
Hooty Hoo

i'm curious as fuck about this one
Dan
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:50 pm  Reply with quote

Just ripped the vinyl to listen on mp3 as my record player isn't really set up right now. Initial thoughts are pretty good. Not a huge fan of DAG, but the title track sounds pretty good. Not as much billy as I care for in the sound, almost seemed like more classic rock or hard rock riffs with an up right.
I liked the B side of Another Thing Coming quite a bit more. More of a garage/60's rock sound with organs. This track caught my attention quick and for me was the stand out track.
Title track seemed a bit weaker than the b side to me, but all in all I think it is worth picking up.

Snotty
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:05 pm  Reply with quote
Wanker

Dan wrote:
Just ripped the vinyl to listen on mp3 as my record player isn't really set up right now. Initial thoughts are pretty good. Not a huge fan of DAG, but the title track sounds pretty good. Not as much billy as I care for in the sound, almost seemed like more classic rock or hard rock riffs with an up right.
I liked the B side of Another Thing Coming quite a bit more. More of a garage/60's rock sound with organs. This track caught my attention quick and for me was the stand out track.
Title track seemed a bit weaker than the b side to me, but all in all I think it is worth picking up.

Stick it on YouTube for us mate. Far as I can see only live versions recorded on phones or shitty camcorders are available.

DaFey
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:45 pm  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster

Snotty wrote:
Dan wrote:

Stick it on YouTube for us mate. Far as I can see only live versions recorded on phones or shitty camcorders are available.

I agreed with Snotty, will be cool if somebody upload it to youtube... Cool

Dan
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:32 pm  Reply with quote

Snotty wrote:
Dan wrote:

Which? The title track or the b side? To be honest I am a bit reluctant to throw a track out there to the general public, but I have been known to find more discrete methods from time to time. Give me a bit to stop being so lazy.

Snotty
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:17 am  Reply with quote
Wanker

Both, either. I'm not a big DAG fan but you know, it might be nice to hear it. It's pretty lazy (or arrogant) on their part not to have stuck so much as a preview up.

Jake Noose
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:34 pm  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster

Dan wrote:
Snotty wrote:
Dan wrote:

Which? The title track or the b side? To be honest I am a bit reluctant to throw a track out there to the general public, but I have been known to find more discrete methods from time to time. Give me a bit to stop being so lazy.

Better yet, just stick in your podcast and get people to listen through that. Wink Excited to hear that B-Side as I'm a big fan of the Demented Scumcats stuff.

Dan
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:07 pm  Reply with quote

The Pope wrote:

Better yet, just stick in your podcast and get people to listen through that. Wink Excited to hear that B-Side as I'm a big fan of the Demented Scumcats stuff.

Yeah, going to do a DAG set on the next one playing the 7". After several more listens Lucky Charm started to grow on me, I guess I am just not much of a fan of them for the most part. It does sound pretty consistent with there past stuff.
I think Demented Scumcats is a fair description of the b-side. It reminds me a fair bit of that album.

Damage
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:54 am  Reply with quote
So-Cal Kid

Snotty wrote:
Both, either. I'm not a big DAG fan but you know, it might be nice to hear it. It's pretty lazy (or arrogant) on their part not to have stuck so much as a preview up.

Geezer.
It's down to the record label to put out previews not the band, and if they don't put em out it's not down to our laziness or arrogance..
We recorded this fucking music 9 months ago, we want people to hear it, but we do as we're told.....wait til March 26th....