[Tattoos]

Search
wreckingpit.com:

PSYCHOBILLY FORUM

<  Reviews of concerts and festivals  ~  Bedlam 11
Barfboy
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:09 am  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster

Since no-one else started a thread on this awesome weekender yet, I'll do so...

I am hardly the one to do a proper review, but I can say the weekend was an absolute blinder! Cheers to all the Bedlam Crew for all the effort.

Friday was a good night, sadly can't remember too much of it... Seem to remember wrecking to quite a few of the bands, which was more or less proven by all the bruises Razz

Saturday was superb, lights of the day were Black Cat Boppers and Guanabatz for me. Our locals from Frantic Vermin were pretty cool, too!

All in all I enjoyed the entire weekender massively, though it might be wise to drink a bit less on a future Bedlam.... (see all shameful piccies on Facebook)

And Tobe: cheers for my B-day pressie!
Ginge
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:35 am  Reply with quote
So-Cal Kid

I agree!! (although not with the drinking less!!) I'll put my two penneths in too...
Highlights here were black Kat Boppers... AMAZING amazing!! Think I was going round singing their praises for most of the day! Frenzy were awesome, first time seeing them, and whatever anyone says, they're great!! Missed half of restless' set, but from what I could tell, they rocked it! Bang bang bazooka with their crazy legged geetarist. Frantic Vermin... Of course batz!! (especially enjoyed my little dance to wonderous place Smile) Killing seymour have a great sound, but the lead singer seems a little bored onstage! (It's hard to recollect all of the bands!!)
And the clubnite was a bit of a stonker, Especially when Grease Lightning came on Wink

All in all, great weekend, great bands, great crew, great staff (even the doormen were lush!!) and the most amazing people in the world!! Can't wait for September!! Very Happy
LiamRevenge
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:42 am  Reply with quote
Cuntmaster

aye! Twas a belter, as always!

We got there late on saturday, so my review is kinda patchy, but here's a brief summary of the bands I saw

6 Feet Under - Absolutely horrible. Sounded like Iron Maiden with a double bass. Very tight, and the bass player was EXCELLENT, but their music, unfortunately, was not! 3/10 (but 9/10 for the bass player!)

Frantic Vermin - I'm biased cos they're my pals, but I thought they put in a solid set of Sharks meets Batmobile meets Dick Dale Surfabilly. My only criticism is that Burt seems to lack a bit of confidence as a frontman. 7/10

Black Kat Boppers - Pretty tame rockabilly, mostly covers. A bass player who mostly played pizacatto and didn't slap it, a great frontman with tons of presence, but a pretty weak voice. Not overly offensive, but no real balls about them. 5/10

Monster Klub - Every song sounded the same. Got a few cheap laughs from the bass player's Simon Weston plastic face and the singer appearing to be suffering from a debilitating illness, but musically they bored the tits off me. 4/10

Restless - From the ridiculous to the sublime. An absolutely storming performance from these 'neo' vets. A great (if a little short) set packed with classics (16 tons, Long Black Shiny Car, Baby Please Don't Go, Ghost Town, Yella Cab To Midnight, you know the script...). A typically flamboyant performance complimented by a great big pit. Fantastic energy, fantastic showmanship, fantastic songs. Just an absolutely amazing set, band of the day for me. 9/10

Guana Batz - What can you say about these that hasn't been said a bazillion times before? Great songs, great musicianship one of the most entertaining frontmen and bands on the scene. A 'safe' set playing nothing too out of the ordinary, but to be fair, I think people would feel a bit short-changed if they just played the obscure album tracks I wanted to hear! A solid set, but for me slightly upstaged by Restless. 8/10.

All in all, another quality day from the Bedlam Krew. Great atmosphere, some great bands, a great opportunity to see some faces I only ever get to see about twice a year. Congrats once again to those Northampton feckers, youse played another blinder boys! Cool

stitch
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:55 am  Reply with quote
n00b

Highlight of Friday night for me was The Epileptic Hillbilly's and probably the whole weekend the rest of friday was a bit of a haze The Hangmen seen em better,I enjoyed Bang Bang Bazooka,Frenzy were Frenzy but I still don't get it.Saturday's Highlights were the Batz,really enjoyed Killing Seymour my opinion of Restless hasn't changed top musicians but Twats,I was gutted I missed Black Cat Boppers and if anyone saw my band in the afternoon(Voodoo Bones)I'd be interested in any feedback
Ginge
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:32 am  Reply with quote
So-Cal Kid

RE voodoo bones: Was a little hazy!! But from what I can remember, really really good, maybe needs a little bit of a, I dunno. Punch people in the face type feel!! But I hugged sean, so ya must have been awesome Wink xxx
PsykoKid
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:18 am  Reply with quote
Wanker

I would've loved to see Guana Batz and Restless!
I bet it was awesome!
What do you mean by "plastic face"? Laughing

DaFey
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:21 am  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster

Come on guys... let's see the pictures... i was waiting for the review... but now, i want to see those pictures... Smile

LiamRevenge
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:10 am  Reply with quote
Cuntmaster

PsykoKid wrote:
I bet it was awesome!

He basically had one facial expression, didn't move his head EVER, and his face was all shiny, so he looked like he'd had somebody else's face grafted onto his own! Shocked

dilboy666
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:14 am  Reply with quote
Wanker

6ft under where excellent,psychobilly with maiden riffs,rock,Liam you have no taste my bass slapping amigo,now i'm off to Hammerfest with my mullet and spandex pants Twisted Evil

PsykoKid
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:15 am  Reply with quote
Wanker

LiamRevenge wrote:
PsykoKid wrote:
I bet it was awesome!

He basically had one facial expression, didn't move his head EVER, and his face was all shiny, so he looked like he'd had somebody else's face grafted onto his own! Shocked

Ahahaha! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Sorta like a Barbie doll! Wink
Was wondering who Simon Weston was, but now I see what you mean by plastic face. Shocked

Last edited by PsykoKid on Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total

LiamRevenge
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:17 am  Reply with quote
Cuntmaster

dilboy666 wrote:
6ft under where excellent,psychobilly with maiden riffs,rock,Liam you have no taste my bass slapping amigo,now i'm off to Hammerfest with my mullet and spandex pants Twisted Evil

haha, you dirty metaller. Don't forget to cut the sleeves off yer denim jacket Laughing

LiamRevenge
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:18 am  Reply with quote
Cuntmaster

PsykoKid wrote:
LiamRevenge wrote:
PsykoKid wrote:
I bet it was awesome!

Ahahaha! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Sorta like a Barbie doll! Wink

More like this

fatty231
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:53 am  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster

Right then...Friday night....Smokin Lucifers....We came in as they were half way thru but i enjoyed what i say of them,pretty mid paced Rumble club type billy imo...needed a bit more conficence but the makings of a good band...Epiletic Hillbillys......I make no bones about it i love this band and they good a pit going from the off, new cd out now on Western star label and its great, Billy is a great frontman and has the band to back him up!.....The Hangmen......Again love em,angry as fuck and great tunes to back em up.....Bang Bang Bazooka....The band that i really wanted to see...and bugger me they didnt disappoint....they were simply awesome,a great show,tight as fuck and just as good live as on cds...i can now die happy having seen them.....Frenzy...I have to say a massive well done to Steve Whitehouse in manging to wait until the 3rd song before mentioning the Klubfoot......People love em,people hate em...im in the latter! Saturday to follow but my teas ready Cool Cool

spug5ter
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:35 pm  Reply with quote
Wanker

Not sure if this'll work!? Photo's, review to follow

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=290642&id=738758373&l=e2af1664ba

DaFey
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:17 pm  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster

spug5ter wrote:
Not sure if this'll work!? Photo's, review to follow

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=290642&id=738758373&l=e2af1664ba

Thanks for that spug5ter... Very Happy loved that square guitar...