[Reviews]
[Shop]
[Sounds]
[Tabs]
[Tattoos]

Search
wreckingpit.com:

PSYCHOBILLY FORUM

<  Reviews of concerts and festivals  ~  Hangmen,Silver Shine,G.Y.J's, Epileptic Hillbilles
Welsh John
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:57 am  Reply with quote

Saturday night saw us head off to Manchester once again, to the new venue for the BFTG gigs put on by Mr Liam Revenge!...it's in a seedy part of town btw, that emporium of eveyrthing Rockin' ..... Rockers is yards away, as are some sex shops Shocked Laughing ....

The venue itself is up stairs, lots of stairs Laughing & is a decent size, the sound is prett good too, better than at the old venue Satan's Hollow!.
First up were Sheffield's Epileptic Hillbillies....which is what you get when you have 3 members of the Oxley clan in a band!!! & they were FUCKIN' EXCELLENT Cool , playing a mixture of Rockin' garage style tracks....and they're a good laugh too, one to watch!.

South Wales's Graveyard Johnnys were next complete with stand in guitarist, a few technical difficulties & Joe being a bit erm....DRUNK Laughing made for an entertaining set, a damn good band who deserve to go far.

The Silver Shine treated us to a set of powerful, Punk tinged Psychobilly next, a hard edged attack from Eastern Europe....the bassist...she looked about 12 Shocked & was only about knee height to me Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing , but fuck me!....she can play, so glad I caught them this time around,really good musicians,love to play to the crowd.

The curse of The Hangmen struck next with a fucked up bass!!!!!,that man Firewalker is CURSED I tell you!, it's what makes him the angriest man in Psychobilly!, the CURSE works well for the crowd 'cause it brings out even more bile & anger in the band which led to a high octane,nitrous charged set of fast,nasty,hard, angry Punk Psychobilly....fuckin' great band & imo THE MOST UNDER RATED BAND ON THE SCENE!!!!!!!!!

A good night out, 4 good bands.....NOT BAD FOR A GIG THAT WAS APPARENTLY CANCELLED Shocked ..... I don't know the ins & outs of the rumour, but to those who started it...... LEAVE YOUR PERSONAL PROBLEMS AT HOME,KEEP THEM OUT OF THE SCENE, IT'LL ONLY HURT THE SCENE,THE BANDS,THE FANS....... IT'S A SMALL SCENE & CHILDISH INFIGHTING WILL ONLY RUIN IT.

fatty231
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:04 am  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster

Sounds like a great night, line up was a belter...Having caught Epeletic hillbillies a fortnight ago up our neck o the woods i agree they are a great band!!! Off to see Silver shine tonight in toon.....cant wait..i hope they get a decent turn out being a monday etc.....

LiamRevenge
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:04 am  Reply with quote
Cuntmaster

thank you for the kind words Mr Hughes Cool

couldn't agree more with pretty much everything you've said -

Epileptic Hillbillys were awesome, especially to say they've only been together for 3 months!

GYJ were spot-on, as always, and the stand-in geetarist Dobber was a great addition. Let's hope he makes it permanent cos he's one talented fucker!

Silvershine were not really to my taste, but fuck ME that girl can play! I have never felt so immasculated in my life!! Laughing

The Hangmen were, as always, nothing short of awesome. They really are the most under-rated band in the scene, and saturday night's performance illustrated that. They seemed to be even more fired up and hateful than ever, and played an absolutely blistering set Cool

From a promoter's perspective, it was a quality night - the bands were fantastic and easy to work with, the audience was great (50-60 payers), and the atmosphere was top. Gullivers, besides them FUCKING stairs, is turning into a quality venue - the owners are great and really enthusiastic, and the venue is perfect for BFTG!

All in all, a top night! Cool

monstermash
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:06 am  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster

As I mentioned in my Rezurex review I managed to miss the last bus up to Manchester from Derby - sounds like I missed a good night though, glad to hear it went well.

spug5ter
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:40 am  Reply with quote
Wanker

Sounds like a good night - hope to get to another BFTG in the future.

Mikey Wong
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:31 pm  Reply with quote
Hooty Hoo

TIMMY!!! Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aron123
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:28 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks for share…