[Reviews]
[Shop]
[Sounds]
[Tabs]
[Tattoos]

Search
wreckingpit.com:

PSYCHOBILLY FORUM

<  Reviews of concerts and festivals  ~  Guana Batz, Sheffield - An apology from Pip
alcoholic rat
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:36 am  Reply with quote
Wanker

This is a sincere apology to anyone that came out Sunday night to see the Batz play in Sheffield.

As anyone that was there knows, for the first time in almost 30 years of playing, I was unable to play the show and had to leave it to the rest of the band,at the very last minute,to cover for me the best they could.
I had been hit by the worst food poisoning that I've ever experienced which made any level of performing impossible. I had hoped to perhaps play sitting down even if it meant puking between or during each song (which would have at least created some amusing moments!) but as it drew closer to me having to leave the hotel for the club I realised that maybe this wasn't even possible. At 9pm I tried to make it to the elevator from my room and was found leaning against a wall talking to myself by Jonny who then helped me back to my room. My night got worse from then on!

I have already contacted Rob Russell of Mosh n go gigs, the promoter, to offer my apologies and to thank him for doing the best he could under the circumstances. He's a very stand up guy with an obvious passion for the scene which makes the whole thing even worse. But ultimatly, I want to say a big "sorry" to everyone that showed up. I know a lot of people traveled a long way and I feel terrible about the whole situation. I hope you can all understand and realise that there was no other option for the band or promoter. I just wish I could have been there to witness Stuart, Billy and Big Pat doing their best Pip impressions!!!

Hope to see you all at a future show.
Cheers,
Pip.

jimmy
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:21 pm  Reply with quote
So-Cal Kid

i went to the sheffield gig and while it was a shame that pip was ill Sad (hope he's better now) as far as i could see everyone had a great night,i know i did... fair play to stuart johnny and choppy,they could've pulled the gig but didn't so cheers lads..! Very Happy
looking forward to the gig at the gaff,i'll be the drunk one from birmingham...