[Reviews]
[Shop]
[Sounds]
[Tabs]
[Tattoos]

Search
wreckingpit.com:

PSYCHOBILLY FORUM

<  Reviews of concerts and festivals  ~  Bedlam Breakout #10 - 24th & 25th September 2010
fatty231
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:06 pm  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster

Ive just spent over half an hour writing a stupidly massive review of the weekend and its fuckin disappeared!!!!! Shocked Shocked At times i could chin this laptop!!!!!
IT WAS A GREAT WEEKEND THOU!!!!! Laughing
Best bands...Tremites(amazing)Coffin nails...Lucky devils...Frantic vermin...Klingonz...The Ricochets
Worst band...Tight Fitting Pants...oh dear!!!
Massive respect to the Bedlam crew...With Guana Batz lined up for March, you just know its summit to really look forward too Cool Cool

spug5ter
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:29 pm  Reply with quote
Wanker

fatty231 wrote:

gotta agree with that matey - GreenDayabilly

Last edited by spug5ter on Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shafraneck
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:34 pm  Reply with quote

great review and great pics
gotta give a listen to Frantic Vermin

Ukrabilly Bang #10
KRUG_666
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:52 pm  Reply with quote
Hooty Hoo

spug5ter wrote:
fatty231 wrote:

gotta agree with that matey - GreenDayabilly

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Barfboy
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:25 am  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster

Shafraneck wrote:

Indeed! They bloody rocked!
Booberella
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:56 am  Reply with quote

Right, who took piccies. I love piccies. Mainly 'cause I'm nosey as fuck! Laughing

fatty231
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:47 pm  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster

Barfboy wrote:
Shafraneck wrote:

Yeah they looked a little nervous to me but they shouldnt have..they were bloody great and had a great sound,lovely bit of surf added to some old school billy....id definitly be up for watching em again and would like to hear some of there studio stuff!

LiamRevenge
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:06 pm  Reply with quote
Cuntmaster

fatty231 wrote:
Barfboy wrote:
Shafraneck wrote:

Yeah they looked a little nervous to me but they shouldnt have..they were bloody great and had a great sound,lovely bit of surf added to some old school billy....id definitly be up for watching em again and would like to hear some of there studio stuff!

Playing Manchester in february!

alcoholic rat
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:58 am  Reply with quote
Wanker

Great review Liam.

We only went for the Friday and had to leave before the end but The Chills were as brilliant as I knew they would be. Also looking forward to catching Billy's other band Epileptic Hillbillies.

I missed most of Go Go Cult as I'd gone up to the terrace for a smoke and got chatting. I cant comment on their set at Bedlam but Liam you should def give them another go. I've seen them a few times and they've always done a great set.

The Termites were absolutley amazing, full of energy and passion. I've only seen them once before and they blew me away each time. Would love to see more of them live.

Last band for us were the Coffin Nails who were their usual fun selves, lots of piss-taking, laughs and crowd participation.

Like the new layout of the venue too.

There's a few pics of The Chills and The Termites up on Myspace
http://www.myspace.com/alcoholic_rats_website/photos/albums/album/2294919

catford bob
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:02 pm  Reply with quote
So-Cal Kid

My go at reveiwing;

Friday
The Chills got the weekend off to a rocking start.
I'd been looking forward to seeing them, and I wasn't disappointed. A cracking set. Cool

Go Go Cult. I'd seen them once before, and wasn't that impressed, but I thought this time the played a blinder, lots of Cramps-y type riffs. Cool

The Termites were brilliant, full of energy, really got the crowd going. Cool Cool

Coffin Nails. After 25 years, you know what you're going to get, and we got it. Lots of banter, rocking tunes and a half naked fat man. Cool Cool

The Quakes. Another blinding set. Lots of energy on stage, and a nice pit too. Cool Cool Cool

Saturday
Kings Of Outer Space. Pity more people didn't get there early to see these boys. Got Saturday off to a flier. Cool

Westcoast Whippers. Finnish psychobilly at it's errr... best? Confused

Spook and the Ghouls got the day back on track. Been listening to their cd since, and have to say they're way better live. Another band I'd go see again. Cool

Frantic Vermin. We only stayed around for the first 2 or 3 songs before heading out for food, but have to say I was a bit disappointed, thought they were very ordinary, maybe we sould have hung about for a bit as I heard they got better. Confused

Tight Fitting Pants. An hour of pop-punk songs about sex. Not really my thing. Rolling Eyes

I thought Lucky Devils were another 'ordinary' band. Not bad, but nothing to get excited over. Thinking back now, 5 days after the event, I can't remember what they sounded like, or even looked like. Rolling Eyes

The hall was packed when the Klingonz took to the stage, after about 20 minutes, it seemed like half the crowd had gravitated back to the bar area. How far can you stretch a joke... you dress like clowns, we get it. Rolling Eyes Confused

Saving the best for last The Ricochets ripped up Northampton. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. The Sardi clan (and Ginger) are legends. Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Lots of new bands this time around, or at least bands I'd never seen before, and on the whole another fantastic weekend. Roll on March.

LiamRevenge
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:30 am  Reply with quote
Cuntmaster

Good review Bob Cool

I agree about S&TGs, their recorded output doesn't do them justice and they've gotten better with age Wink

shame you didn't stick around for Frantic Vermin as once they got settled onstage they really kicked out the jams

tobe
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:54 am  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster

some nice honest reviews there folks !

First off , i wanna on behalf of the Bedlam buffoons .... thank everyone for turning up and spending ya hard earned dollar ! Cool ~ secondly , a big cheers to the bands for playing the festival !! ~ but i'd like to apologise to all the bands for the f***ing dick of a sound guy !! ~ he's not our usual one and i can 100% ensure future bands that he won't be anywhere near our festival again !! ~ he was an arrogant twat that was lucky as hell not to have his face ripped off !!.
I personally don't ( sadly ) get much chance to catch any of the bands Crying or Very sad but i did nip in and caught about one number from the termites who we had great feedback on !!... and also made sure to see a couple of numbers from the Quakes.. who i thought were awesome !! ~ i could hear a fair bit tho from out the front area and i must admit that most that i heard bits of sounded good !!
The new set up of using the main entrance seemed to work well for us and the stalls too ~ hopefully it was okay for you folks ?!
The rocking d'j after the bands on friday seemed to go down well ? ( Andy the Watford wrangler ! ) ~ and after a lot of shite on the saturday due to no rocking d'j !!!!!!!... we have got that sorted for March !! ~ but it will be into the back bar for us billy mob ... on the saturday !!. Yes.. incase you hadn't heard ?... there was some trouble ( only minor incidents !! ) but we've talked to the venue about it all and they are cool with us and totally understand that the majority of us are decent people who they actually love having there !!.... it was just a case of a very few people that couldn't behave themselves properly and disgraced themselves rather than all of us and you lot !! ~ i'm afraid to say that if it does happen again .. i'll knock it all on the head for good..... so if those that did cause any hassle .. be it damage to the venue or assaulting the venue staff ?!!! .... if they want to come back ? ... i will personally welcome them back through the doors !! ~ daft you may think ?.. but i'm prepared to give people the chance to show others that they are not animals.... and don't normally behave like that !!!.
Rant over with !!

Saturdays bands.... KOOS... realy good band... only thier 4th gig i think ?.. but sounded good !..... Westcoast whippers.... from what i have been told.. they had some real problems with the sound guy !!.. and unfortunately it appears to have shown !!... thay ARE a very good band , nice generous people !!... and dedicated to the billy cause !! ~ so it's a shame to read negative things about them Confused ~ Spook and the ghouls... i missed em .. Crying or Very sad but they also got rave reviews from people that spoke to us !!.... i'm well chuffed for em to be honest , as in the past they have had some negative stuff said about em... they too are great guys who love the scene !!. FRANTIC VERMIN..... they were very nervous about the gig... and seemed worried aboutletting us and themselves down ?!! ..... but jesus christ !! ~ they kicked butt with a set that rocked the place imo !! ~ great "old school" sound .. really rockin stuff ... and i'm so pleased for them that they got a great reception from those who watched em !! ~ even an encore too !! ~ they are good friends of ours and maybe i'm biased ?... but we've invited them back in March !!. TFP... i'll be honest here and say that they aren't my kinda thing !.... but it's a shame about the negative stuff being said about them imo..... thay are another bunch of great lads who support the scene all over Europe .. even if they are not on the bill !! ~ which goes a long way in my book !!. Lucky devils... they are another band that imo are superb.. but struggled with the p.a guy a bit !!... but from what i heard and also the feedback we got.. went down well !! ~ nice guys too !.
Klingonz... love em or hate em ?... ya can't deny that they put on a show !! ~ they are good guys.. love the scene... and pumped out all the favourite tracks... from what i heard they sounded good and also got a pretty good reception !!. The Ricochets....... well what can be said about em !!! Dave Sardi had a bypass at the begining of the week !!! Shocked .. and he assured us he was okay to do the show after speaking with consultants.... Ginger had spoken to me about the situation beforehand and we agreed to cut short the set to an hour !! ~ the whole band were superb !!! ~ but you wouldn't have believed that it had all happened had you not been told !!! ~ a fantastic end to the festival imo..... and as Dave said to us afterward.. "it felt like a second homecoming "...... they absolutely loved it ! and so did the crowd !!
Thats my two penerth worth !! ~ thanks again for all your support and kind messages we recieved afterwards... i'm still ploughing through them all and will try to reply personally over the next few days to everyone !!! ~ roll on March sicko's !!!
Tobe xx Wink

fatty231
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:48 pm  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster

Aye Tobe..the trouble at the end of Saturday must be a kick in the teeth for all the Bedlam crew esp after such an amazing weekend...but rest assured the majority appreciate all the effort all you lads and lasses put into such a mammoth occasion......I have to be totally honest and say i thought the sound was alright from my point of view..it sounded ok from were i was standing Cool Im glad March is going ahead Wink What with Guana Batz,Restless and Monster klub already lined up i cant wait to see who else is lined up for the bill..(glad F.Vermin are back on...i REALLY liked there set!)...ive already booked my days of work for it as im sure others have...its a must on the calender for me!! The new "look" part of the venue is 100% better as well,more stall space and more chill/chat space for folk and i dont say this often but the door staff seem friendly as well(something un heard of up this neck o the woods!).....Any roads...roll on March!

mancpaul
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:53 pm  Reply with quote
Hooty Hoo

I wish I'd had the coins to go to this bedlam, sounds by all accounts that it was a great weekender, I will start saving for March!
LiamRevenge
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:55 am  Reply with quote
Cuntmaster

i'm glad you said that about the soundman Tobe, as I didn't want to mention it in my post - we had an absolutely dreadful sound onstage (although all the bands I saw had a great sound front of house).

Me and Ewin didn't actually know that Bally had started until after about 6 bars of FTW as the guitar was so quiet!