[Tabs]
[Tattoos]

Search
wreckingpit.com:

PSYCHOBILLY FORUM

<  Pictures  ~  Special F/X
Booberella
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:59 am  Reply with quote

So I've been getting into special effects makeup more recently. I was in Dublin this past week with MAC and one night some of us got to doing a bit of blood and stuff.
Just wondering if anyone else is into it and can you post pictures up and also what did you use??? I think this is a great way for anyone into it to learn from one another.

I've got better quality pics coming, but these are a few. It was done with liquid latex, tissue, foundation,various pigments and fake blood.

Again, the picture quality doesn't do it justice as it looked more red, but I'll post some better pics soon.

BoneDaddy
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:27 am  Reply with quote
Wanker

I am currently going to college for my bachelors in special FX so maybe I can help a little. The best stuff to use in my opinion when doing traditional makeup and wounds is Ben Nye products, this stuff goes on like a dream without having to cut it with alcohol or anything. Also seal your makeup after your done, the trick is to never make anything look to shiny or it will start to look like burnt pizza. Airbrushing is a great way to go to, its fast, and will give you some great results. Also if you want to try boils or warts anytime there is some great special effects gelatin for it. Hope this helps a little, and as for pictures I will try to find if I have any of my work.
Booberella
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:37 am  Reply with quote

I've used Ben Nye, one of our trainers worked for them as well. I think that's common knowledge though, using their products, most people do. I used face and body foundation from MAC over the 'wound' and before effects. It makes it look like scarred flesh before. I 'seel' it with a translucent powder as well and that keeps it in place and looking fab. We also sprayed afterwards with 'Fix plus' spray and it looked amazing.
We wanted it shiny and to look like a fresh sticky wound but the picture quality is terrible, it looked very good though.
I also use gelatin, it's cheap and you can use food colouring with it and make any colour.
Im comfortable mixing pigments and things as am a makeup artist already, so this is just a fun other thing to do.
I wouldn't be bothered with airbrushing only because you can get good results with a brush.

BoneDaddy
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:02 am  Reply with quote
Wanker

Booberella wrote:
I've used Ben Nye, one of our trainers worked for them as well. I think that's common knowledge though, using their products, most people do. I used face and body foundation from MAC over the 'wound' and before effects. It makes it look like scarred flesh before. I 'seel' it with a translucent powder as well and that keeps it in place and looking fab. We also sprayed afterwards with 'Fix plus' spray and it looked amazing.
We wanted it shiny and to look like a fresh sticky wound but the picture quality is terrible, it looked very good though.
I also use gelatin, it's cheap and you can use food colouring with it and make any colour.
Im comfortable mixing pigments and things as am a makeup artist already, so this is just a fun other thing to do.
I wouldn't be bothered with airbrushing only because you can get good results with a brush.

i have known many great wounds and burns to look like shit because someone does not want to take the time while taking the picture ha ha.
Booberella
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:52 am  Reply with quote

Is that being cheeky?? I didnt have a decent camera fyi. My friend did. Rolling Eyes You don't need to be a prick.

Fatbloke
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:53 am  Reply with quote

Best way to do the pictures is try to use natural light, turn off the flash and preferably use daylight. If its indoors you will get a slight colour cast but it will be better than a harsh flash.
Booberella
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:02 pm  Reply with quote

Thats a phone camera, flash is automatic on mine. Again, I dont have a digi came, have to wait for my mate to load decent ones. Pictures were just taken for fun.
Now then, special effects pics please...I'd like to see some of the ones you've done.

Booberella
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:06 pm  Reply with quote

Here's one my friend did, amazing, he's very very good.
Obviously the lighting was good, but he does tutorials on youtube so he's all prepared that way.

Got a 'better' image off my friend. We're not photographers and it is hard to take a picture without the flash making it glisten, even with powder.
Anyway, we were all just messing about, and it's only the 3rd or 4th time I've played about with it.
I'm pleased enough. Just needed some blue mixed in there to counter act the orange in the tattoo...colour theory! Wink

MattGrimm
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:17 pm  Reply with quote
Cuntmaster

If you want a weird glossy scabby cracking dried plasma effect,u8se hairspray to seal.
BoneDaddy
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:47 pm  Reply with quote
Wanker

Booberella wrote:
Is that being cheeky?? I didnt have a decent camera fyi. My friend did. Rolling Eyes You don't need to be a prick.

not at all, i was refering to me, and my fellow classmates, where we would spend hours on a makeup only to realize that we did not have a tripod or a good camera to shoot the thing. sorry i wasent clear on that.
Booberella
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:52 am  Reply with quote

BoneDaddy wrote:
Booberella wrote:

not at all, i was refering to me, and my fellow classmates, where we would spend hours on a makeup only to realize that we did not have a tripod or a good camera to shoot the thing. sorry i wasent clear on that.

Oh ok. Sorry. Embarassed
Do you have pictures to put up though? I'd like to see. I always like to see what others have done.
If you can just say what you used when you posted 'em up?
Also, do you all use colour theory? Like if you're working with an area that is already pigmented, like tattoo'd, do you mix in other colours to neautralize them?

BoneDaddy
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:36 pm  Reply with quote
Wanker

Booberella wrote:
BoneDaddy wrote:
Booberella wrote:

Oh ok. Sorry. Embarassed
Do you have pictures to put up though? I'd like to see. I always like to see what others have done.
If you can just say what you used when you posted 'em up?
Also, do you all use colour theory? Like if you're working with an area that is already pigmented, like tattoo'd, do you mix in other colours to neautralize them?

sadly all my makeup work was lost when my harddrive got fucked. its funny but they do not teach us color theory in my major which i think they should. overall though we do more props masks and animatronics then makeup at my school, but mabey when i get my mask done i will post that,
Booberella
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:12 am  Reply with quote

Sorry, but this is kinda awesome. I'm well proud of how it turned out.

savage
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:25 am  Reply with quote
Hooty Hoo

Booberella wrote:
Sorry, but this is kinda awesome. I'm well proud of how it turned out.

nice job!

Booberella
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:55 am  Reply with quote

Thanks!
I did this just today, Boozey was nice to sit for me and let me work away.

Twisted Evil