[Reviews]
[Shop]
[Sounds]
[Tabs]
[Tattoos]

Search
wreckingpit.com:

PSYCHOBILLY FORUM

<  Reviews of albums  ~  Johnny Nightmare: Psychobilly Scarecrow (review)
Der Fleischer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:53 am  Reply with quote
Wanker

Johnny Nightmare - Psychobilly Scarecrow (2010 CD Release)....

Reviewed By Greaser Aaron with Melodia Sanchez
www.deadboypro.com....

If you dig fast paced psychobilly set to wicked and creepy lyrics and you haven't heard of Johnny Nightmare, then you are missing out! For the follow up to Johnny Nightmare's debut "Here's Johnny," we have 14 tasty, spine tingling and energetic psychobilly tracks on his long awaited 2nd release, which I must say is even better than their debut. If you dig bands like Demented Are Go, Godless Wicked Creeps(which Dax is an ex-member of) and Evil Devil then your going to love Johnny Nightmare's latest "Psychobilly Scarecrow." Right off the bat the first cut on the CD "The Nightmare Begins " has an amazingly fast tempo, their second track titled "Big Black River" keeps the tempo going and sets the mood for one of the fastest, most exciting new psycobilly releases in some time. Among these shoe tappin' good ol' clean wrecking tunes are "Vampire In The Sun" and "Bloody Nightmare."....

Dax Dragster's vocals and double bass playing are bone chilling! The bass lines are crystal clear and really stand out, and he plays like a maniac while never forgetting his Billy roots! Butch E.R.'s guitar work is amazing, and he mixes rockabilly riffs with the energy and pace of psychobilly, while Bone The Beater reminds us how he got his name, he beats out those rhythms perfectly. This band is tight and together and this is without a doubt their best release yet. Let's hope Johnny Nightmare will keep releasing albums of this quality, the psychobilly world today now has a higher standard to keep up with just based on this album alone. Run down to your local record dealer and show your support for this killer band on Crazy Love Records.....

Von: Bezirk7-Fanzine
Johnny Nightmare - Psychobilly Scarecrow (Crazy Love)
Das neue Album von Johnhny Nightmare, die mit ihrem Debüt begeisterten und kurz darauf auch live zeigen konnten, dass alles was man auf Platte
versprochen hat auf der Bühne gehalten werden kann. Auf "Psychobilly
Scarecrow" zeigt man dann das einiges in der Zwischenzeit passiert ist, vor
allem was den Schmiss nach vorne angeht. Hier hat man die Bremsen
schlichtweg komplett entfernt und kracht durch sämtliche 14 Songs, dass ein Song wie "Ten Dead Girls" schon fast als Ballade erscheint. Zum Luft holen kommt man auf diesem Trip dann aber auch nicht wirklich- im Reich von Kunstblut, Zombies, Wahnsinn und vergorenem Kartoffelsalat aber auch sicher genau die beabsichtige Reaktion. Den Spagat zwischen alter Psychoschule und neueren Einflüssen (ohne an die sterile Geschliffenheit -positiv gemeint!!- von Tiger Army anknüpfen zu wollen) schafft man ohne Probleme und wem Nekromantix mittlerweile zu langsam geworden sein sollten, oder wer einfach neben denen noch einen Steelplatz frei hat, kann diese CD/LP dort bestens parken. Eine Band und ein Album der/dem man eine absolute Steigerung zum Debüt ausstellen kann. punkabilly Fans sollten zuschlagen und bei eventuellem Zögern in Nummern wie "Vampire in the Sun" / "Outta my Grave into your heart" / "Lucy Forever" `rein und wird sich auf kommende Live Shows erneut freuen dürfen!
5/7

A.Evil
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:07 pm  Reply with quote
So-Cal Kid

Ohhhh yeah!

This album it`s fucking awsome it's great to have a completely sound.
I would love to see him live one day live

Thx 4 the new
Der Fleischer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:17 am  Reply with quote
Wanker

Thanks a lot. We will play at this years Psychobilly Meeting Twisted Evil
Cheers
/Butch E.R.

The Outlaw
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:50 pm  Reply with quote
Wanker

Der Fleischer wrote:
Thanks a lot. We will play at this years Psychobilly Meeting Twisted Evil
Cheers
/Butch E.R.

I hope finally I will have the time to write some nice words about this great album tomorrow Very Happy

The Outlaw
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:26 am  Reply with quote
Wanker

Johnny Nightmare - Psychobilly Scarecrow CD (Crazy Love Records)

After the debut album and the split MCD with Vulture Club I waited this album so much. I got exactly what I wanted! 14 ass kicking tracks, fast -no bullshit- psychobilly tunes, slower psychotic ballads with touch of surf, punk and metal influences. Dax Dragster plays double bass like nobody else, his got his own characteristic. One-sting-parts of the maniac Butch E.R. give psychotic color to Dax's doghouse while Bone the Beater kicks the shit out of the drums. My favourite song is still Bloody Nightmare.... but I can mention Big Black River or Holiday in Hell from the speedy section but then comes Dagger Love to the lovers of slower tunes with organ and surf guitar or the Bring Her Back what is pretty evil and you can hear Lucifer himself on backing vocals:D Another favorite is Lucy Forever. Its refrain is a nice, evil parody of the refrain of Gene Vincent's Be-Bop-A-Lula. I'm sure this album will being in my CD player a lot in the future!!!!

10/10
Reviewed by Ati EDGE

AL
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:58 pm  Reply with quote
So-Cal Kid

never heard of these guys before but it sounds like the sort of thing i'd like! will pick up a copy asap i reckon.