[Tattoos]

Search
wreckingpit.com:

PSYCHOBILLY FORUM

<  Psychobilly news  ~  Koffin Kats' Tommy Koffin No Longer Touring
Barfboy
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:09 am  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster

Had a laugh when I went to see them in Amsterdam... the show didn't start & so I asked the promoter what was wrong & she said that one of the band members was lost.... it turned out that he went into the nearby red light district to get some pussy Laughing Laughing

I believe it was the drummer, but I could be wrong ... hilarious nonetheless & not too professional (going out for a fuck less than half an hour before showtime).

Good show, though Razz
monstermash
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:31 am  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster

i'm surprised it wasn't Vic with the back/knee problems, given how much he was clambering all over his bass when i saw them... just play the damn thing!

i didn't really take to the band live, but i've liked some of their songs and i hear they are good guys.

Bu66er
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:34 am  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster

Barfboy wrote:
Had a laugh when I went to see them in Amsterdam... the show didn't start & so I asked the promoter what was wrong & she said that one of the band members was lost.... it turned out that he went into the nearby red light district to get some pussy Laughing Laughing

I believe it was the drummer, but I could be wrong ... hilarious nonetheless & not too professional (going out for a fuck less than half an hour before showtime).

Good show, though Razz

aww come on! how many people go to amsterdam and get 'lost' in the red light district...

...i've been to amsterdam a few times, and everytime was with a group of people. someone always gets 'lost' in there... Laughing

i always show them where the irish pub is and wait there until they come back Rolling Eyes Laughing

gato bastardo
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:47 pm  Reply with quote

I don't know anything about them. I don't know any of their music, have never seen them play as far as I remember, and don't think I've ever met any of them. I know they've paid us nothing but compliments though, so I suppose that is Kool.

Kenny Switchblades
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:35 pm  Reply with quote
n00b

that sucks. I wouldn't have thought that it would be tommy to drop out. they came through pittsburgh the one time and the only one to come to the after hours bar was tommy- still rip roarin and ready to go. best of luck to him i guess

Isitluck?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:00 pm  Reply with quote
Wanker

Glad I got to see him on one of his last hoo rahs. I'll be anticipating their new stuff. I don't think Vic will ever give it up

johnnydeadneck
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:22 am  Reply with quote
n00b

I'm sad that Tommy will no longer be with the band, because I love they way he plays. But, according to an interview I did with Vic in May, Tommy was the one with issues crossing the Canadian border, so now I'll finally get to see them play up here. I just hope that his replacement will be able write riffs that are in the Koffin Kats style that i've grown to love.

hotrodhitmen
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:42 am  Reply with quote
So-Cal Kid

Gonna miss Tommy cause it seemed like he was the last thing to remind me of the old Koffin Kats, back when Vic actually slapped his bass all the time. But trust me, Canada won't even let you in if you had a DUI or got in a big huge bar fight... we've ran into that problem before and the border patrol was 'kind' enough to point us back towards the US...
Isitluck?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:39 pm  Reply with quote
Wanker

monstermash wrote:
i'm surprised it wasn't Vic with the back/knee problems, given how much he was clambering all over his bass when i saw them... just play the damn thing!

i didn't really take to the band live, but i've liked some of their songs and i hear they are good guys.

yeah, I couldn't really distinguish what they were playing live, it was all muddled together but I saw an interview with Vic and he said they don't play live for sound they play to put on a show hence all their bass acrobatics.

getslappered
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:43 am  Reply with quote
n00b

Isitluck? wrote:
monstermash wrote:

yeah, I couldn't really distinguish what they were playing live, it was all muddled together but I saw an interview with Vic and he said they don't play live for sound they play to put on a show hence all their bass acrobatics.

all well and good but bass feedback that makes my head feel like is gonna explode and my bowels empty their contents isn't exactly why i went to a concert in the first place. good stage show+great music and ability=awesome, shit sound and playing+ridiculous stage antics=angry angry angry and usually drunk.

Isitluck?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:44 pm  Reply with quote
Wanker

ahh yes I know they were pretty drunk, and I did actually enjoy the brains better cause i could actually distinguish their sound. It was my first psychobilly show i was estatic nonetheless. then the koffin kats kame on and i was like....oh. ok.

monstermash
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:53 am  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster

i liked them better when i saw them recently.

review in the reviews section if anyone cares.

SpeedKing
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:19 am  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster

We played with them again recently and met the new guitar player, Ian. Really nice bloke! They put on a hell of a show as per usual (much better than when we played with them last actually) and he seems to have fitted into the guitarist role in the band, no problem.

After seeing his guitar playing and chatting on with him about stuff I'm interested to see what the new stuff will sound like. I'm definitely looking forward to doing more gigs with them when they come back over. There's not many American bands we have as much of a laugh with as them. No prima-donna bullshit hissy fits, just setting up, getting on-stage and playing a great, energetic show.

www.facebook.com/speedkingsuk

www.myspace.com/speedkings
greg•demon
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:31 am  Reply with quote

Can't get into them for some reason. I guess its their punky sound..too much gibberish not enough 'billy'. Not gonna say too much lots of peeps like 'em.
Isitluck?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:02 pm  Reply with quote
Wanker

I think they may even have the potential to be main stream...