07. Ricochet Rhythm Rockabilly
08. In My Own Time mp3 real
09. Jenny The Generator
10. Vaporlock
11. Go! She-Devil
12. Rustbelt Bop mp3 real
13. Claimjumper Blues
14. Another Doggone Saturday

I am going to boast for a moment and say I was there to watch them play the first ever Rockabilly Rebel Weekend in Fairmount Indiana where there were maybe 50 people? They were so good, and so full of energy. They had just been starting out I think but already had a good fanbase in Chicago and also Detroit.

I loved them so much I picked up a tape they were selling and wore it out after a while so this release was a blessing as the tape was gone. It came out shortly after ‘Poised in Hate’ and features many of the same tracks with some changes here and there. I think what sets this one apart from ‘Poised In Hate’ is the quality of the recording, you can tell a huge difference.

What’s great about the Teardrops is they started putting the ‘Psycho’ into rockabilly ages ago, when it was still catching on here. Their songs are very rockabilly, yet the lyrics are a bit twisted. ‘Sinner’s Spiritual’ comes to mind and ‘Shotgun Wedding’. The songs are absolutely dead on. The band combines real true rockabilly with a fierce upright and excellent beat.
You can’t pigeon hole their sound either. Compare ‘Go She Devil’ and ‘RustBelt Bop’ or ‘Ricochet Rhythm Rockabilly’ and their forever classics ‘Cadillac Jack’ and ‘Switchblade Pompadour’. They are all distinctly Three Blue Teardrops, but all sound different.

When I listen to this, it captures for me what a real 1950’s juvenile delinquent was. They have the feel of a perverted 1950’s B Movie and I think that’s what gives them such a clever sound and why they appeal to rockabilly purists and psychobillies alike (I’ve met both who love them!).

They are never short of amazing when you see them live either. This was one of the first bands that I got to watch ‘grow’ in the scene, that might be why I have so much love and respect for them.

I know this a 'short' review, but all I can say over and over is 'I love this album!!!'.

Welsh John
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:03 am  Reply with quote

I love this band, I have 3 of their albums, "Milemarker 26" threw me a bit at first 'cause it was so different to "One part fist" & "Poised in hate"..... got into it pretty quickly though Cool .

LiamRevenge
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:05 am  Reply with quote
Cuntmaster

This is the one that Alan Wilson produced, right?

Or am I getting that completely round my neck?

Booberella
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:07 am  Reply with quote

I'm with John, love them to bits!!! I can't lsiten to Poised in Hate much anymore cause the sound on it isn't as good, but the songs are just fantastic!
I'm not sure who produced it Liam. I can try to find the cover to the cd, but not right now.

gato bastardo
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:10 am  Reply with quote

Booberella wrote:
Review – The Three Blue Teardrops ‘One Part Fist’

Nervous Records

Tracks:
04. Switchblade Pompadour

Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Booberella
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:20 am  Reply with quote

gato bastardo wrote:
Booberella wrote:

Nervous Records

Tracks:
04. Switchblade Pompadour

Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'll tell you one better... when I saw them one of the times at the Indy weekender, when the line would come up 'you shoulda seen me in the moonlight man my hair looked fuckin great' all the knobheads would flick their combs out and slick their hair.
As a girl, you had to pay attention and make sure you didnt pull anyone that night that took part in that!

amyonfire
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:29 pm  Reply with quote
Cuntmaster

Booberella wrote:
When I listen to this, it captures for me what a real 1950’s juvenile delinquent was. They have the feel of a perverted 1950’s B Movie and I think that’s what gives them such a clever sound and why they appeal to rockabilly purists and psychobillies alike (I’ve met both who love them!).

i agree 100%.

they're a brilliant band, and i can't recommend them highly enough! they're great fun live as well. Cool

gato bastardo
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:40 am  Reply with quote

Booberella wrote:

I had this album when it came out and it did get a lot of play time. For me though, your point above was exactly what I didn't like about it. Plus, at the time, it was very typical "American" psychobilly. I never go in for the 1950's B movie influenced bands too much. It all just seems kind of silly and boring to me.

I admit, I did like to listen to this, it was a talented piece, but again, a bit too 1950's cliche for me. I'm also not much for "funny" music, which they seemed to do, and at the time that's all any bands in the States were doing.

Booberella
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:16 am  Reply with quote

gato bastardo wrote:
Booberella wrote:

I had this album when it came out and it did get a lot of play time. For me though, your point above was exactly what I didn't like about it. Plus, at the time, it was very typical "American" psychobilly. I never go in for the 1950's B movie influenced bands too much. It all just seems kind of silly and boring to me.

I admit, I did like to listen to this, it was a talented piece, but again, a bit too 1950's cliche for me. I'm also not much for "funny" music, which they seemed to do, and at the time that's all any bands in the States were doing.

I can see your point. I think as far as 'funny' Barnyard Balles are like that as well, and I like them loads. I guess it's one of those 'to each his own' kinda things, but I guess that whole cliche is part of their image? I like it but I could see how it would irritate someone as well?

Chuck I have to ask though...does your hair in the moonlight look fuckin great?

gato bastardo
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:17 am  Reply with quote

Booberella wrote:
gato bastardo wrote:
Booberella wrote:

I can see your point. I think as far as 'funny' Barnyard Balles are like that as well, and I like them loads. I guess it's one of those 'to each his own' kinda things, but I guess that whole cliche is part of their image? I like it but I could see how it would irritate someone as well?

Chuck I have to ask though...does your hair in the moonlight look fuckin great?

no. Sad

Welsh John
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:24 am  Reply with quote

Mine does, the moonlight brings out the grey hairs beautifully & the Black & White heavywight pomade gives it a wonderful sheen, just need a switchblade now Laughing

gato bastardo
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:24 am  Reply with quote

Oh and as far as "comic" rock goes, Barnyeard Ballers are the exception for me. They're songs are written so well that I can appreciate them even if it is all silliness. I think the scene needs one or 2 bands like that, it's just when everybody does it, it starts to redefine what "psychobilly" is for some people.
There was a point in time, especially in America, back when the Three Blue Tear Drops and the Ballers were just hitting, that every band was writing cheeky, campy, lyrics about hair and space ships, etc. The Ballers, though definitely on the funny side of things, were/are different. They arent singing in nostalgic terms. When Spike is angry that after walking to the nearest liquor store and finding it has been converted to a church, he's not mentioning his hair, or little green men, or anything sock hop era related. So, though it's meant to be funny, it's not campy. You know what I mean?

Shafraneck
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:45 am  Reply with quote

Great review Uana!
And very nice album - I've got it recently and am listening to it right now (now playing - Jenny the generator). Gonna write down my opinion in more details after several listenings...

Ukrabilly Bang #10
Booberella
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:16 am  Reply with quote

I think it's a bit of nostalgia with the teardrops for me, same as with you guys (not that you sing about moolit hair). I think when I first saw them it was in 1993, and it was just kinda fun at the time. I didn't really know much about psychobilly then as it just hadn't been heard of in Kentucky, so they were just their own thing to me. Yeah, Switchblad Ppmp is a bit cheese now, but I still love it.

As far as what you said about the Ballers, I couldn't agree more. I think they do what they do really well, but the songs are fantastic. I listened to punkabilly invasion so much the cd wore out with scratches. But I would gladly put that one back on in a red hot minute and enjoy it all over again, they're just fantastic.

Oh, and Dimitri, I'm enjoying reading your reviews as well!!!! Very Happy

tobe
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:46 pm  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster

Great album & great band too !.
I only ever caught em live once @ one of the rumbles ~ can't remember which tho ?.... and we ended up getting Dave Sissons absolutely spannered back @ the van after the gig Laughing .... the fucker looked green by the time his legs managed to start working again Laughing ..... mind you , so did us lot n all !.
Ace review by the way too Cool