Psychobilly Homepage
The Psychobilly Homepage
> Home > Psychobilly Forum
MAIN MENU
[Bands]
[Concerts]
[Flyers]
[Forum]
[Gallery]
[Links]
[Lyrics]
[News]
[Pictures]
[Reviews]
[Shop]
[Sounds]
[Tabs]
[Tattoos]

Search
wreckingpit.com:


PSYCHOBILLY FORUM

Author Message
<  Reviews of albums  ~  The Ripmen - Rott in pieces
Greaser69
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:47 pm  Reply with quote
So-Cal Kid


Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 38

Psychobilly from Berlins Graves!
Founded 1999, The Ripmen recorded the first Demo in the year 2000. From there things were really speeding up. 2001 they released their Debutalbum onCrazy Love Records, the Psychoscene loved the 3 guys from Berlin. They start touring and played many many Gigs in Germany, Spain , UK , Poland, Denmark, even a US Westcoast Tour. So their 2nd Album in the year 2003 brought them even more Fans. And more touring. Also Supports for the big Scenekings like Mad Sin, Meteors, Batmobile, Guana Batz, Nekromantix just to name a few. This got them the dealk with Wolverine Records in 2007 and the Release of “Graveyard in our memories” with the most beloved Coverversionen of the Band and with fantastic Guestmusicans from Heroes like Batmobile, Mad Sin and Nekromantix. But then the Band got in Trouble with themeselves what even was near the split of the Band. But now this is behind them and they are back with a Bang! Motivated as Hell and with the famous Tex Morton on the second Guitar, they show us with their brandnew Album „Rott in pieces“, how Psychobilly have to sound these days. 14 brandnew Tracks, Old-School Psychobilly with pieces from Punk and Country and fat Slap of Horrorshow! So no doubt, the Rippies are back!

www.myspace.com/theripmen



available at www.wolverine-records.de (Europe)
and www.interpunk.com (Rest of the world)
and Mailorders like Drunkabilly, Raucous, Crazy Love Records...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Welsh John
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:21 am  Reply with quote
Moderator


Joined: 22 Feb 2006
Posts: 8967
Location: Midi Pyrenees via Wales..Cymru am Byth.

"Party with the dead" is a decent enough c.d too Cool .

_________________
Psychobilly, music NOT fancy dress for scenesters!.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shafraneck
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:46 am  Reply with quote
Moderator


Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Posts: 1706
Location: (Stinky Town of) Kiev, Ukraine

welshjohn wrote:
"Party with the dead" is a decent enough c.d too Cool .

yeah, Party with the Dead is very good album!
I didn't like "Graveyard in our memories" though...

_________________
Ukrabilly Bang #10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Der Fleischer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:33 am  Reply with quote
Wanker


Joined: 31 May 2008
Posts: 106
Location: DK

Have'nt got this one yet, but these guys always seems to come up with som really cool guitar riffs in the vein of early ninetes psycho: Mad Sin and Nekromantix.

_________________
www.myspace.com/johnnynightmareband
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaFey
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:23 pm  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster


Joined: 30 Mar 2008
Posts: 1344

Der Fleischer wrote:
Have'nt got this one yet, but these guys always seems to come up with som really cool guitar riffs in the vein of early ninetes psycho: Mad Sin and Nekromantix.


This is a sick record... Smile

_________________
"One dog is going this way, the other dog is going that way."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fatty231
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:50 am  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster


Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 1634

Ive been meaning to do review of this little fella for some time....hopefully get my arse into gear this week and do one....but its well worth a punt!

_________________
Fuck ya mamma...Fuck ya papa...and fuck ya sister too!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
getslappered
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:36 pm  Reply with quote
n00b


Joined: 01 Apr 2008
Posts: 59
Location: Denver, CO

i've been a fan or the ripmen since i first heard them, i love the way his bass is recorded and like most if not all of their songs. isn't tex from mad sin playing with them now? maybe i just heard that.... but i saw this was coming out awhile ago and was very excited to hear it. got it day it came out or soon after and was not disappointed.

_________________
49% Motherfucker, 51% Son of a Bitch!
http://www.myspace.com/insomniaxepsycho
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
hotrod
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:07 am  Reply with quote
Mastercunt


Joined: 15 Mar 2006
Posts: 11109
Location: right next door to hell..oh hang on,sorry i meant blackpool!

Greaser69 wrote:
Psychobilly from Berlins Graves!
Founded 1999, The Ripmen recorded the first Demo in the year 2000. From there things were really speeding up. 2001 they released their Debutalbum onCrazy Love Records, the Psychoscene loved the 3 guys from Berlin. They start touring and played many many Gigs in Germany, Spain , UK , Poland, Denmark, even a US Westcoast Tour. So their 2nd Album in the year 2003 brought them even more Fans. And more touring. Also Supports for the big Scenekings like Mad Sin, Meteors, Batmobile, Guana Batz, Nekromantix just to name a few. This got them the dealk with Wolverine Records in 2007 and the Release of “Graveyard in our memories” with the most beloved Coverversionen of the Band and with fantastic Guestmusicans from Heroes like Batmobile, Mad Sin and Nekromantix. But then the Band got in Trouble with themeselves what even was near the split of the Band. But now this is behind them and they are back with a Bang! Motivated as Hell and with the famous Tex Morton on the second Guitar, they show us with their brandnew Album „Rott in pieces“, how Psychobilly have to sound these days. 14 brandnew Tracks, Old-School Psychobilly with pieces from Punk and Country and fat Slap of Horrorshow! So no doubt, the Rippies are back!


I DO NOT CLASS THE ABOVE AS A REVIEW BUT AS A PLUG!

_________________
so i take it you are the boil and you must be the bag!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT - 7 Hours

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Psychobilly Forum Forum Index  ~  Reviews of albums

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB and Ad Infinitum