Psychobilly Homepage
The Psychobilly Homepage
> Home > Psychobilly Forum
MAIN MENU
[Bands]
[Concerts]
[Flyers]
[Forum]
[Gallery]
[Links]
[Lyrics]
[News]
[Pictures]
[Reviews]
[Shop]
[Sounds]
[Tabs]
[Tattoos]

Search
wreckingpit.com:


PSYCHOBILLY FORUM

Author Message
<  Psychobilly discussions  ~  Legendary Shack Shakers
Vikki
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:07 am  Reply with quote
Cuntmaster


Joined: 13 Jul 2008
Posts: 2997
Location: *insert vaguely threatening reference here*

SpeedKing wrote:
beatnick138 wrote:
I really like Cockadoodledon't and Swampblood. Pandelerium was iffy.


Huh? Shocked You really like Swampblood but Pandelerium was iffy?

So you like showtunes but you're not into old school rock 'n' roll, country and Rev. Horton Heat guitar lines?

Frazer... Think we've found another fella for you to call gay Laughing


I like showtunes. does that make me gay too?

_________________
Goddamn motherfucker got blood all over my best clown suit
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vikki
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:08 am  Reply with quote
Cuntmaster


Joined: 13 Jul 2008
Posts: 2997
Location: *insert vaguely threatening reference here*

monstermash wrote:
good band, although i've only heard Swampblood.


no you haven't, you've heard Pandelerium too Razz Its on my laptop I believe. We were lent it some time back

_________________
Goddamn motherfucker got blood all over my best clown suit
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
monstermash
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:35 am  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster


Joined: 05 Mar 2009
Posts: 1148
Location: covered in bees.

Vikki wrote:
monstermash wrote:
good band, although i've only heard Swampblood.


no you haven't, you've heard Pandelerium too Razz Its on my laptop I believe. We were lent it some time back


oh, good. obviously made an impression then!

i do remember it now actually.

_________________
"I became insane, with horrible periods of sanity."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SpeedKing
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:36 am  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster


Joined: 12 Oct 2007
Posts: 1240
Location: Derby, UK

Vikki wrote:
SpeedKing wrote:
beatnick138 wrote:
I really like Cockadoodledon't and Swampblood. Pandelerium was iffy.


Huh? Shocked You really like Swampblood but Pandelerium was iffy?

So you like showtunes but you're not into old school rock 'n' roll, country and Rev. Horton Heat guitar lines?

Frazer... Think we've found another fella for you to call gay Laughing


I like showtunes. does that make me gay too?


No... You're a girl. You're allowed to like showtunes.

It's the fact that you like to fist women up the bum that makes you gay.

_________________
www.speedkings.bigcartel.com

www.facebook.com/speedkingsuk

www.myspace.com/speedkings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
hotrod
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:06 am  Reply with quote
Mastercunt


Joined: 15 Mar 2006
Posts: 11109
Location: right next door to hell..oh hang on,sorry i meant blackpool!

SpeedKing wrote:
Vikki wrote:
SpeedKing wrote:
beatnick138 wrote:
I really like Cockadoodledon't and Swampblood. Pandelerium was iffy.


Huh? Shocked You really like Swampblood but Pandelerium was iffy?

So you like showtunes but you're not into old school rock 'n' roll, country and Rev. Horton Heat guitar lines?

Frazer... Think we've found another fella for you to call gay Laughing


I like showtunes. does that make me gay too?


No... You're a girl. You're allowed to like showtunes.

It's the fact that you like to fist women up the bum that makes you gay.


gay as in happy or gay as in speedking member? Laughing

_________________
so i take it you are the boil and you must be the bag!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SpeedKing
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:11 am  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster


Joined: 12 Oct 2007
Posts: 1240
Location: Derby, UK

hotrod wrote:
SpeedKing wrote:
Vikki wrote:
SpeedKing wrote:
beatnick138 wrote:
I really like Cockadoodledon't and Swampblood. Pandelerium was iffy.


Huh? Shocked You really like Swampblood but Pandelerium was iffy?

So you like showtunes but you're not into old school rock 'n' roll, country and Rev. Horton Heat guitar lines?

Frazer... Think we've found another fella for you to call gay Laughing


I like showtunes. does that make me gay too?


No... You're a girl. You're allowed to like showtunes.

It's the fact that you like to fist women up the bum that makes you gay.


gay as in happy or gay as in speedking member? Laughing


Gay as in constantly trying to out people who you know are straight in order to draw attention away from your rampant Barrymoring... Isn't that what you benders call it?

_________________
www.speedkings.bigcartel.com

www.facebook.com/speedkingsuk

www.myspace.com/speedkings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
hotrod
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:16 am  Reply with quote
Mastercunt


Joined: 15 Mar 2006
Posts: 11109
Location: right next door to hell..oh hang on,sorry i meant blackpool!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

a comeback worthy of a 'king' there, young johnathan!

Laughing

_________________
so i take it you are the boil and you must be the bag!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Chuckie
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:10 pm  Reply with quote
Hooty Hoo


Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Posts: 712
Location: Tennessee - up in a holler

Hunker Down ... With The Shack Shakers
was their first record. In many ways my favorite.

_________________
Mutant Rocker - Dixie Bopper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dan
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:23 pm  Reply with quote
Moderator


Joined: 22 Feb 2006
Posts: 4145
Location: St. Paul, MN US

Chuckie wrote:
Hunker Down ... With The Shack Shakers
was their first record. In many ways my favorite.


That's a great fucking album. Every time they have come to town I have always had to miss it for one reason or the next. This year I actually am going to be able to see them. Already got the tickets.

_________________
Gone Mental Podcast
Mental Rock and Roll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Chuckie
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:37 am  Reply with quote
Hooty Hoo


Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Posts: 712
Location: Tennessee - up in a holler

Dan wrote:
Chuckie wrote:
Hunker Down ... With The Shack Shakers
was their first record. In many ways my favorite.


That's a great fucking album. Every time they have come to town I have always had to miss it for one reason or the next. This year I actually am going to be able to see them. Already got the tickets.


They're another band that used to have a Thursday night spot at a bar here in Nashville, 12th & Porter, then they had the Friday night spot at Layla's (Hillbilly Casino has that spot now). Used to be able to catch 'em every week, just about if you wanted. Not to mention opening for many bands that would come through Nasville in the music venues. Then they went out into the wider world and we had to start sharing them. Didn't get to see 'em as much. They put on a great show.

They've been on a hiatus for a few years, but they're scheduled to play a show here in Nashville soon. Be fun to see 'em again. Have all their albums 'cept for the last one 'Agra-industrial'. Do you have it? If so, how is it?

_________________
Mutant Rocker - Dixie Bopper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dan
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:52 am  Reply with quote
Moderator


Joined: 22 Feb 2006
Posts: 4145
Location: St. Paul, MN US

Yeah, I have Agridustrial. It's good. I like their older stuff better, but it's a solid album all around. I liked it more than Swampblood personally.

Stoked to see them. The venue is only about a mile from my house so I can get good and tore up and take a cheap cab home.

_________________
Gone Mental Podcast
Mental Rock and Roll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Chuckie
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:35 am  Reply with quote
Hooty Hoo


Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Posts: 712
Location: Tennessee - up in a holler

Dan wrote:
Yeah, I have Agridustrial. It's good. I like their older stuff better, but it's a solid album all around. I liked it more than Swampblood personally.

Stoked to see them. The venue is only about a mile from my house so I can get good and tore up and take a cheap cab home.


Next time I buy some music, I'll put it on my list. Hell, I like all their records so far. They're all a bit different.

_________________
Mutant Rocker - Dixie Bopper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dan
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:04 am  Reply with quote
Moderator


Joined: 22 Feb 2006
Posts: 4145
Location: St. Paul, MN US

Chuckie wrote:

Next time I buy some music, I'll put it on my list. Hell, I like all their records so far. They're all a bit different.


Yeah, I would definitely say it is worth picking up. Agree that they are each a bit different.

_________________
Gone Mental Podcast
Mental Rock and Roll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dan
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:21 pm  Reply with quote
Moderator


Joined: 22 Feb 2006
Posts: 4145
Location: St. Paul, MN US

Finally got to see them this weekend. Fucking hell, best live performance I have seen. So much energy, I was completely blown away.

_________________
Gone Mental Podcast
Mental Rock and Roll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Chuckie
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:16 am  Reply with quote
Hooty Hoo


Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Posts: 712
Location: Tennessee - up in a holler

They're playing this Saturday in Nashville. Looking forward to seeing them play for the home crowd. They always put on a damn fine show.

_________________
Mutant Rocker - Dixie Bopper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT - 7 Hours

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Psychobilly Forum Forum Index  ~  Psychobilly discussions

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB and Ad Infinitum