Psychobilly Homepage
The Psychobilly Homepage
> Home > Psychobilly Forum
MAIN MENU
[Bands]
[Concerts]
[Flyers]
[Forum]
[Gallery]
[Links]
[Lyrics]
[News]
[Pictures]
[Reviews]
[Shop]
[Sounds]
[Tabs]
[Tattoos]

Search
wreckingpit.com:


PSYCHOBILLY FORUM

Author Message
<  Reviews of albums  ~  Meantraitors - Heavy Boogie
bad mouthin' man
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:43 am  Reply with quote
So-Cal Kid


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 24
Location: france

MEANTRAITORS - "HEAVY BOOGIE" - PURE & PROUD RECORDS 2007

When a band release its seventh album after 19 years of living, you don't know what to expect.

With Meantraitors you can expect the best, they putted all their guts in "Heavy Boogie" (and they've got a lot for sale).
This album is so brilliant that it really shows the fracture in the actual psychobilly-punk scene, when many bands just play for the fashion of it, few others play because it represents their entire life.

"Heavy Boogie" is out on Pure & Proud records and it has been produced by Nico a.k.a Elek'Nick (those who know a little about Indie music knows what that means) before its death. It's his favorite band and I think he would have loved this album.

12 songs make the album and listening to it over and over I just would have like more.
"Heavy Boogie" set the standard from the beginning, you're not listening psycho-pop or pop-punk, no sorry...

If you're just starting in this, well I'm sorry but this may be a little too fast for you, if you've been here for a while and don't get it well there's no hope for you, it's time for retirement. "Heavy Boogie" is for real connoisseurs in street music.

I heard here and there that Meantraitors are too heavily influenced by the Meteors. I've got two answers to this: 1.you either have too much honey in your hears or haven't listen to them for a long time. 2.who hasn't been influenced by the major psychobilly band ever?

It wouldn't be fair for me to forget mentionning that the sound of the album is excellent and the quality of the musicians is very high.
The drummer kicks his set at the level of a master class. And there's no need to say that Stas's melodies and riffs are actually ones of the best.
This power trio shows what's the difference between starting something and doing it for about twenty years!

By the way, Meantraitors isn't mainstream, it is way ahead the stream !

Frans.

Go check it with your very own hears at
www.myspace.com/meantraitorsofficialpage
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SuviSue
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:25 am  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster


Joined: 22 Feb 2006
Posts: 1765

bad mouthin' man wrote:

If you're just starting in this, well I'm sorry but this may be a little too fast for you, if you've been here for a while and don't get it well there's no hope for you, it's time for retirement.


Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hotrod
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:14 am  Reply with quote
Mastercunt


Joined: 15 Mar 2006
Posts: 11109
Location: right next door to hell..oh hang on,sorry i meant blackpool!

yesk commrade. Rolling Eyes

_________________
so i take it you are the boil and you must be the bag!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Cathay De Grande
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:28 pm  Reply with quote
Hooty Hoo


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 884
Location: Endless Sleep

Only stuff worth listening to by them is their first two. this newest one bored me to death

_________________
www.myspace.com/pipsqweekz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ilbrutto
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:52 am  Reply with quote
Wanker


Joined: 22 Jan 2008
Posts: 301
Location: Tacoma

"Psychobilly / Hardcore "

I don't think those two words go together very well. But I liked the first two songs, the other two weren't as good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
bad mouthin' man
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:56 am  Reply with quote
So-Cal Kid


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 24
Location: france

Cathay De Grande wrote:
Only stuff worth listening to by them is their first two. this newest one bored me to death


I am sad for you but maybe one morning you will wake up of your eternal sleep!
cheers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
bad mouthin' man
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:08 am  Reply with quote
So-Cal Kid


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 24
Location: france

I don't know why?
I remember some bands playing psychobilly and doesn't want to be called a psychobilly band...
it is difficult to write about music, it's easier to listen to!
so I am happy that you like 2 songs...maybe 6 on the CD?
cheers.
ilbrutto wrote:
"Psychobilly / Hardcore "

I don't think those two words go together very well. But I liked the first two songs, the other two weren't as good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ilbrutto
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:25 am  Reply with quote
Wanker


Joined: 22 Jan 2008
Posts: 301
Location: Tacoma

bad mouthin' man wrote:
I don't know why?
I remember some bands playing psychobilly and doesn't want to be called a psychobilly band...
it is difficult to write about music, it's easier to listen to!
so I am happy that you like 2 songs...maybe 6 on the CD?
cheers.
ilbrutto wrote:
"Psychobilly / Hardcore "

I don't think those two words go together very well. But I liked the first two songs, the other two weren't as good.


Well, hardcore and psychobilly really aren't compatible genres. Maybe our definitions of hardcore are different.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Shafraneck
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:22 am  Reply with quote
Moderator


Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Posts: 1706
Location: (Stinky Town of) Kiev, Ukraine

I like Meantrators very much. They're one of my favourites psycho-bands. Was in their gig in Kiev (Ukraine) 1 year ago - it was amazing! They played songs from "Heavy Boogie" and all their hits from earlier albums, they made a kick-ass-show that night! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

"Hevy Boogie" is very-very-good album, one of the best albums I bought in 2007. But for me "Angry Heart" is their best album.

_________________
Ukrabilly Bang #10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Jake Noose
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:43 am  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster


Joined: 13 Mar 2008
Posts: 1391
Location: Seattle/Tacoma

i still don't know why their bassist moved to a bass guitar. he was crazy on the upright.

_________________
www.zorchradio.com
Psychotronic Rock and Roll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Shafraneck
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:13 am  Reply with quote
Moderator


Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Posts: 1706
Location: (Stinky Town of) Kiev, Ukraine

The Pope wrote:
i still don't know why their bassist moved to a bass guitar. he was crazy on the upright.

Not bassist moved to bass-guitar. There were some line-up changes in Meantraitors from their begining at 1989. The one and only member from original line-up is Stas Bogorad.
Their first & second albums where recorded with upright-bassist (or maybe with 2 different bassists, i'm not sure). But all later albums were recorded with bass-guitar and with another bassists.
And, as for me, changing doublebass to bass-guitar is not bad. They simply sounds different on their early albums and later. At early albums that was fuckin' fast slapping psychobilly (sometimes i've heard term "speedybilly" about their first 2 albums). But in later their music became more guitar-oriented, guitar-accented psycho. I like all of them albums, but my favourite one is "Angry Heart", recorded with bass-guitar...

_________________
Ukrabilly Bang #10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
SuviSue
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:03 pm  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster


Joined: 22 Feb 2006
Posts: 1765

Shafraneck wrote:
The Pope wrote:
i still don't know why their bassist moved to a bass guitar. he was crazy on the upright.

Not bassist moved to bass-guitar. There were some line-up changes in Meantraitors from their begining at 1989. The one and only member from original line-up is Stas Bogorad.
Their first & second albums where recorded with upright-bassist (or maybe with 2 different bassists, i'm not sure). But all later albums were recorded with bass-guitar and with another bassists.
And, as for me, changing doublebass to bass-guitar is not bad. They simply sounds different on their early albums and later. At early albums that was fuckin' fast slapping psychobilly (sometimes i've heard term "speedybilly" about their first 2 albums). But in later their music became more guitar-oriented, guitar-accented psycho. I like all of them albums, but my favourite one is "Angry Heart", recorded with bass-guitar...


please post more often! Smile

_________________
totally psychobilly since two weeks ago

I have small tits
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shafraneck
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:04 am  Reply with quote
Moderator


Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Posts: 1706
Location: (Stinky Town of) Kiev, Ukraine

SuviSue wrote:

please post more often! Smile

okey Wink
You'll subscribe to my posts? Very Happy

_________________
Ukrabilly Bang #10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Brandito666
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:30 am  Reply with quote
Wanker


Joined: 19 Feb 2009
Posts: 100
Location: Las Vegas

I actually really liked this album. I think I only had to skip 1 song on the cd I forget which one it was.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT - 7 Hours

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Psychobilly Forum Forum Index  ~  Reviews of albums

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB and Ad Infinitum