Welsh John wrote:
Boozehound wrote:
gato bastardo wrote:
DaFey wrote:

That's my lil girl... her name is Bota... she's a lil ninja... Mad

Cute cat.

Shocked Shocked Shocked
a cat? I thought it was a deformed rat.

Gato BASTARDO!!!!!......you just made me LAUGH OUT LOUD like an eejit in my empty house....damn you Sir!!!!!

She's an old Chihuahua dog by now, and sure she looks like a big old rat, but still a faithful and loyal cat... Laughing

gato bastardo
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:16 am  Reply with quote

I'm sure she is an awesome dog, I like all dogs, even the ones that look like cats.

Booberella
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:34 pm  Reply with quote

gato bastardo wrote:
This is the poor fella when he was found on the streets in the Bronx.

This is him living on death row in Harlem.

And here he is napping in the hills of New Jersey!

[/img]

He's 10 months old and a real handful! But he was hours away from being put down and now hes got a long life of being a pain in my ass ahead of him!

Admire you all adopted him!!! More people should adopt really. Plenty of animals needing a good home. I do love certain breeds, but at the end of the day, I'd rather save one from being put down and offering him a good life.
My kitty came from an abandoned mama cat-lady said she guesses they didnt want her cause she got pregnant. She was getting her fixed after the kittens were gone.

DaFey
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:08 am  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster

Booberella wrote:
Admire you all adopted him!!! More people should adopt really. Plenty of animals needing a good home. I do love certain breeds, but at the end of the day, I'd rather save one from being put down and offering him a good life.
My kitty came from an abandoned mama cat-lady said she guesses they didnt want her cause she got pregnant. She was getting her fixed after the kittens were gone.

I tried that once, a month later i found the cat lying in the floor dead, it was shocking for my girl, the cat was a couple of months old...

We found him inside a box on the street, poor animal... Confused

gato bastardo
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:55 am  Reply with quote

Well in the US right now because of their popularity there are supposedly 3 pitbulls living in shelters for every one human. It's a tragedy really. I never planned on having a pit (even though he's a mix) but when we went to adopt he picked us out, and he was literally withing a few hours of being put down. He's a nutter, playful at night and lazy all day. Have to get him trained properly and correct some of his bad habits, but whatever comes of him, he will always have a home and be taken care of. Whatever it takes.

Booberella
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:02 am  Reply with quote

gato bastardo wrote:
Well in the US right now because of their popularity there are supposedly 3 pitbulls living in shelters for every one human. It's a tragedy really. I never planned on having a pit (even though he's a mix) but when we went to adopt he picked us out, and he was literally withing a few hours of being put down. He's a nutter, playful at night and lazy all day. Have to get him trained properly and correct some of his bad habits, but whatever comes of him, he will always have a home and be taken care of. Whatever it takes.

Wel thats very admirable and more people should follow that example. I know a lot of people who have pits and they are the sweetest dogs ever. It always goes back to the cruleness they are taught by humans, its not something they're born with. But anyway. Really good of you all.

Welsh John
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:52 am  Reply with quote

Booberella wrote:
gato bastardo wrote:

Wel thats very admirable and more people should follow that example. I know a lot of people who have pits and they are the sweetest dogs ever. It always goes back to the cruleness they are taught by humans, its not something they're born with. But anyway. Really good of you all.

I had a Pit x Staff for 14 years & at times he was a fuckin' nightmare Laughing , but the rest of the time he was just a big baby, broke my heart (yes I do have one!) when he died Crying or Very sad ..... at the moment we have 6 dogs!.... 2 Staffs, a Staff x , an Irish Wolfhound x German Shepherd, a Bull Mastiff x & an American Bulldog x Bull Mastiff.....and a ferret!.

gato bastardo
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:41 pm  Reply with quote

Booberella wrote:
gato bastardo wrote:

Well the harsh reality is the dogs were bred for one thing. Fighting. They can be sweet dogs and usually are towards people, but they've got a natural instinct that can kick in anytime when other dogs are concerned. This pup is 10 months old and it's obvious he was not TRAINED WELL IF AT ALL! He pulls like a madman on a lead, he play bites, and he doesnt respond to anything other than sit. It's going to be work with this one, but at least he didnt get killed. It's not his fault he's nutty.

Welsh John
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:43 pm  Reply with quote

gato bastardo wrote:
Booberella wrote:
gato bastardo wrote:

Well the harsh reality is the dogs were bred for one thing. Fighting. They can be sweet dogs and usually are towards people, but they've got a natural instinct that can kick in anytime when other dogs are concerned. This pup is 10 months old and it's obvious he was not TRAINED WELL IF AT ALL! He pulls like a madman on a lead, he play bites, and he doesnt respond to anything other than sit. It's going to be work with this one, but at least he didnt get killed. It's not his fault he's nutty.

Un-trained,bites etc.....hmmmmmm, he's your dog alright Wink Twisted Evil

gato bastardo
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:45 pm  Reply with quote

OI! I'm a reformed creature. A lettuce eating Buddhist now! Ah, but I still have dog aggression.....

Welsh John
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:00 am  Reply with quote

gato bastardo wrote:
OI! I'm a reformed creature. A lettuce eating Buddhist now! Ah, but I still have dog aggression.....

Yeah,yeah,yeah.....I'll bet you bite the fuck outta the lettuce though chomp,chomp,worry,chomp!!!!!

Booberella
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:49 am  Reply with quote

Welsh John wrote:
gato bastardo wrote:

Yeah,yeah,yeah.....I'll bet you bite the fuck outta the lettuce though chomp,chomp,worry,chomp!!!!!

Is gato a vegetarian now? Shocked
I tried...a few times. I dont like meat that much, but I get sick if I dont eat it at least a few times a month. Confused

arleen373
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:57 pm  Reply with quote
Wanker

I actually took this photo a few days ago to put up of my bird. Turns out he died last night and I just got done burying him Crying or Very sad He was a noisy bastard who bit everyone who tried to touch him, but he was a sweetheart to me.
gato bastardo
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:12 pm  Reply with quote

Booberella wrote:
Welsh John wrote:
gato bastardo wrote:

Is gato a vegetarian now? Shocked
I tried...a few times. I dont like meat that much, but I get sick if I dont eat it at least a few times a month. Confused

You have to know how to eat! It's been over a year for me now, and I feel healthier than I have in years. And yes John, Lettuce trembles in terror when I enter the produce aisle.

gato bastardo
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:36 am  Reply with quote

Oh and the dog is doing fucking excellent. No aggression at all, plays 3 times a week at the dog park with 10 to 30 other dogs. Loves everybody. I'm working on him though, so maybe some of those behavioral problems will be fixed.