[Reviews]
[Shop]
[Sounds]
[Tabs]
[Tattoos]

Search
wreckingpit.com:

PSYCHOBILLY FORUM

<  Reviews of albums  ~  Dead Bundy and the Neat Neats-Life is hard...Death is Neat
DeadKittyKatz
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:06 pm  Reply with quote
Wanker

Life is Hard...Death is Neat! Is the second full album by Dead Bundy and the Neat Neats. Released only days ago as of the review it is only available for purchase in person. On the odds it will be available for download and purchase online soon. This is an album that is a must pick up.

The opening track, Hexes and Hymns (which is an awesome name for a track in general!) is an instrumental. Iíve made my feelings about instrumentals clear before, but I donít object to the track. I wonít be deleting it from my library or playlist any time soon. The album has a large number of songs about women, from the flattering (sheís a hellcat) to what is close to being pure slander. I would hate to be the inspiration for Bruja. So if there is an overarching theme to the album that would be it. The band doesnít take the sound to a new level, but I have no complaints. They are sticking to what they know and doing it damn well-and while the similarities are there it doesnít feel the same at all. To truly get what I am saying you have to play the albums back to back.

The best songs are Road to Ruin, Bruja, and Sheís a Hellcat
If I have to pick a low point it would be bone daddy but to even say this album has a low point is a bit of a stretch. Every song is solid.

The downsides to the album are the majority of the tracks are particularly short. And while the lyrics are creative and fun, and the album feels different I wish they pushed the edges a bit more.

But these are small gripes for an album with great bass, creative lyrics, and a band with a wonderfully unique sound. I can summarize the album in a single word: Fun. The band is touring the US now-go pick the album up-and if you havenít already bought the other album theyíre selling the two together for $15

Oh and if youíre curious the last track isnít 10 minutes straight. There are other songs attached

First song ends at 2:38 and the second begins at 7:54Öitís a cover but Iím not telling you anything else about it-but trust me youíll smile.

Dan
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:33 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks for the review, looking forward to picking it up myself on Friday.

DeadKittyKatz wrote:
itís a cover but Iím not telling you anything else about it-but trust me youíll smile.

Is is Rck Springfield's "Jesse's Girl"?

DeadKittyKatz
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:51 pm  Reply with quote
Wanker

Dan wrote:
Thanks for the review, looking forward to picking it up myself on Friday.

DeadKittyKatz wrote:
itís a cover but Iím not telling you anything else about it-but trust me youíll smile.

Is is Rck Springfield's "Jesse's Girl"?

you'll love it...and no

let me know if they do the cover of "vampire's kiss" its hilarious (not the song on the album either)

Dan
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:12 am  Reply with quote

DeadKittyKatz wrote:

let me know if they do the cover of "vampire's kiss" its hilarious (not the song on the album either)

Why don't you drive up for the show and find out yourself. Reckless Ones are playing as well and I am "DJing". Should be a good show. And there is a homeless shelter a couple blocks away if you need a place to crash afterwards.

DeadKittyKatz
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:04 am  Reply with quote
Wanker

Dan wrote:
DeadKittyKatz wrote:

Why don't you drive up for the show and find out yourself. Reckless Ones are playing as well and I am "DJing". Should be a good show. And there is a homeless shelter a couple blocks away if you need a place to crash afterwards.

Going to Jersey for the weekend...family stuff-also, no car.