[Tattoos]

Search
wreckingpit.com:

PSYCHOBILLY FORUM

<  Pictures  ~  Special F/X
MattGrimm
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:27 pm  Reply with quote
Cuntmaster

I like the way the slashes came out on Boozhound's face,quality work. What are you using as far as blood goes?
Booberella
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:34 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks Matt! Very Happy
To be honest I bought some really cheap fake blood, the really thick kind, and just mixed in a bit of black gloss 'cause it was too light without it. That gave it a bit more depth and realness. I'm still learning loads and to someone who dose it loads it probablly looks amature but I'll get there soon. Very Happy

BoneDaddy
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:24 pm  Reply with quote
Wanker

Booberella wrote:
Thanks Matt! Very Happy
To be honest I bought some really cheap fake blood, the really thick kind, and just mixed in a bit of black gloss 'cause it was too light without it. That gave it a bit more depth and realness. I'm still learning loads and to someone who dose it loads it probablly looks amature but I'll get there soon. Very Happy

what did you use for your wounds, latex, or morticians wax. you might want to look up pros-aide appliances, when i was taught how to do them i fell in love.
Wolfman Dan
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:09 pm  Reply with quote
Wanker

Very fucking cool!!!

Booberella
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:45 am  Reply with quote

BoneDaddy, I used liquid latex for the wounds on boozehound but only to secure the wax. On myself I used spirit gum to secure the wax. i've used two kinds of wax, one just cheapy kind and another by kryolan.

I looked at the pros aide but I think that would be a bit more than I need at this point, but sounds like it would be really good for longer term use.
I'm going to start using gelatin and colay to make my own prosthetics soon. Very Happy

BoneDaddy
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:47 pm  Reply with quote
Wanker

Booberella wrote:
BoneDaddy, I used liquid latex for the wounds on boozehound but only to secure the wax. On myself I used spirit gum to secure the wax. i've used two kinds of wax, one just cheapy kind and another by kryolan.

I looked at the pros aide but I think that would be a bit more than I need at this point, but sounds like it would be really good for longer term use.
I'm going to start using gelatin and colay to make my own prosthetics soon. Very Happy

gelatin is good, but tricky to work with ha ha. i have been doing more silicone appliances these days, i use mostly all ben nye as far as paints and wax goes.
Booberella
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:10 pm  Reply with quote

BoneDaddy wrote:
Booberella wrote:

gelatin is good, but tricky to work with ha ha. i have been doing more silicone appliances these days, i use mostly all ben nye as far as paints and wax goes.

Its really hard to get ben nye here, kryolan is the closest. I'm gonna look in the states though when Im next there. I like their death wheel of colour as well, fab!
I dont mind working with gelatin, cause work with latex most of the time anyway and I've applied gelatin prosthetics before, you just need to use more product to kinda blend it, bit of a pin but ah well. Im happy enough with wax for scars, just want gelatin more to make prosthetics really.
But yeah, would love to get some ben nye stuff, but like I said, hard to get here, and I like to look before I buy-hence online is a bit shite.
Kryolan aqua colours though...LOVE! My mate has some and they're amazing! Gonna try and get a platte of them soon! Very Happy Very Happy Excellent for painting on the body!

Booberella
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:12 pm  Reply with quote

Oh and yeah, applying anything s a bit irritating!!! Laughing
I hate trying to blend it into the skin. Keep picking up new tricks, but fucking hell, wax and prosthetics are a bitch to 'blend' and mesh into the skin. Mad Laughing

If theres any other products you can think lemme know, always like to research stuff, cause just getting into it! Very Happy

DravenWinter
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:28 pm  Reply with quote
Wanker

Easy one is using glue and spreading it thin. Then using a toner?... Foundation? Or something to blend it with the skin you get the Austin Powers Dutch idiot.

BoneDaddy
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:37 pm  Reply with quote
Wanker

Booberella wrote:
Oh and yeah, applying anything s a bit irritating!!! Laughing
I hate trying to blend it into the skin. Keep picking up new tricks, but fucking hell, wax and prosthetics are a bitch to 'blend' and mesh into the skin. Mad Laughing

If theres any other products you can think lemme know, always like to research stuff, cause just getting into it! Very Happy

that's why i love silicone you can tint it while you mix it with paint and get a skin tone that's really realistic, and you don't have to paint it much, or if your super white like me then you can just keep it translucent. same with pros-aide you tint it first and it blends when you apply it, without trying to paint it. do you cut your paints with anything.
Booberella
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:46 am  Reply with quote

BoneDaddy wrote:
that's why i love silicone you can tint it while you mix it with paint and get a skin tone that's really realistic, and you don't have to paint it much, or if your super white like me then you can just keep it translucent. same with pros-aide you tint it first and it blends when you apply it, without trying to paint it. do you cut your paints with anything.

I saw you can blend a flesh colour into loads of products but I've not tried any of that yet. So far I've only worked with different kinds of wax and latex.
Whats a good silicone brand to look into? Or is that what pros aide is? I was looking at some stuff on a website called buyandapply.com they do good special effects stuff, but think most of it is gelatin. The prosthetic wound I applied on my friend, he had a few of em and was showing us, so thats been my only experience.

Is there a website for special effects that deals more with silicone? Im sure I'll try pros-aide eventually. Like I think it seems really good, just bit more advanced for me at this point. Smile

Booberella
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:50 am  Reply with quote

DravenWinter wrote:
Easy one is using glue and spreading it thin. Then using a toner?... Foundation? Or something to blend it with the skin you get the Austin Powers Dutch idiot.

Nah thats a mess. Easier is using tissue and latex glue. Then going over top with foundation. Then you pick at it to make the flesh look pulled and add blood.
Kinda a standard 'easy' fx everyone first learns with I think.

BoneDaddy
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:18 pm  Reply with quote
Wanker

Booberella wrote:
BoneDaddy wrote:

I saw you can blend a flesh colour into loads of products but I've not tried any of that yet. So far I've only worked with different kinds of wax and latex.
Whats a good silicone brand to look into? Or is that what pros aide is? I was looking at some stuff on a website called buyandapply.com they do good special effects stuff, but think most of it is gelatin. The prosthetic wound I applied on my friend, he had a few of em and was showing us, so thats been my only experience.

Is there a website for special effects that deals more with silicone? Im sure I'll try pros-aide eventually. Like I think it seems really good, just bit more advanced for me at this point. Smile

smooth on is a great site, with great descriptions. there are different silicone's some are for making molds, and some are for prosthetic s. pros-aide appliances are made with a 50/50 combination of cabosil and pros-aide mixed together with tint.