[Reviews]
[Shop]
[Sounds]
[Tabs]
[Tattoos]

Search
wreckingpit.com:

PSYCHOBILLY FORUM

<  Reviews of concerts and festivals  ~  Coffin Nails 25th anniversary!.
Welsh John
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:54 am  Reply with quote

So...back to Reading & back to the Face Bar again!, which is a crackin' venue, especially now that there's a stage Laughing .

The Go Go Cult started the ball rollin' with their sleazy brand of Garage Rock 'n' Roll, whilst I wasn't hugely impressed, they did play well (just wasn't my thing).

The place was pretty full by the time Italian 'billies Evil Devil hit the stage...and I was impressed by them Cool , they played a very powerful set of fast,aggressive Psychobilly inc a version of that wrinkled old whore Madonna's 'La isla bonita' Laughing Laughing Laughing , they went down really well with the crowd & I'd fuckin' love to see them play at BEDLAM!...I picked up a copy of their latest c.d too.

And then...it was time for the main act Laughing ...they played a blinding set!!!, full of songs which spanned the last 25 years of Coffin Nails debauchery,the pit was heaving & intense...full of drunk,middle aged Psychobillies pummeling the crap outta each other...some big ol' boys in there Laughing , our very own Mosh'n'go was in there...wearing a nappy & fuck me!...he was DRUNK Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing , there were a few younger,brave souls havin' a go inc a few 'long hairs' Laughing Laughing Laughing ....no doubt there will be some bruises & sore heads today Laughing ..... people travelled for this too...Lonesome was over from Germany for instance Shocked ...... and to finish the night in style.................................................
original singer Tony,bassist Gra & drummer Smurf got up & did some songs too...a line up I personally hadn't seen since (wait for it)..........................THE KLUB FOOT!!!!!

Was good to see the venue so full for this & was REALLY good to pop in to see a good mate on the way there too Wink , we won't leave it so long 'til next time mate!.

All in all a great night....well done Klunky & Coffin Krew....one question - HOW THE FUCK HAVE YOU LIVED THIS LONG? Laughing Shocked .

humungus
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:12 pm  Reply with quote
So-Cal Kid

God knows how i have lived so long!!! Maybe im the Peter Pan of Psychobilly!!!
And my heads still banging!!!..............Jaeger and Champaine was not a good Combination!

jim1969
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:17 pm  Reply with quote
Hooty Hoo

Welsh John wrote:
So...back to Reading & back to the Face Bar again!, which is a crackin' venue, especially now that there's a stage Laughing .

The Go Go Cult started the ball rollin' with their sleazy brand of Garage Rock 'n' Roll, whilst I wasn't hugely impressed, they did play well (just wasn't my thing).

The place was pretty full by the time Italian 'billies Evil Devil hit the stage...and I was impressed by them Cool , they played a very powerful set of fast,aggressive Psychobilly inc a version of that wrinkled old whore Madonna's 'La isla bonita' Laughing Laughing Laughing , they went down really well with the crowd & I'd fuckin' love to see them play at BEDLAM!...I picked up a copy of their latest c.d too.

And then...it was time for the main act Laughing ...they played a blinding set!!!, full of songs which spanned the last 25 years of Coffin Nails debauchery,the pit was heaving & intense...full of drunk,middle aged Psychobillies pummeling the crap outta each other...some big ol' boys in there Laughing , our very own Mosh'n'go was in there...wearing a nappy & fuck me!...he was DRUNK Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing , there were a few younger,brave souls havin' a go inc a few 'long hairs' Laughing Laughing Laughing ....no doubt there will be some bruises & sore heads today Laughing ..... people travelled for this too...Lonesome was over from Germany for instance Shocked ...... and to finish the night in style.................................................
original singer Tony,bassist Gra & drummer Smurf got up & did some songs too...a line up I personally hadn't seen since (wait for it)..........................THE KLUB FOOT!!!!!

Was good to see the venue so full for this & was REALLY good to pop in to see a good mate on the way there too Wink , we won't leave it so long 'til next time mate!.

All in all a great night....well done Klunky & Coffin Krew....one question - HOW THE FUCK HAVE YOU LIVED THIS LONG? Laughing Shocked .
great review again .did toby play on drums at all. Wink
Welsh John
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:37 pm  Reply with quote

jim1969 wrote:
Welsh John wrote:

Cheers mate!, nah....Toby didn't make a guest appearance Laughing

fatty231
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:47 am  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster

Glad it went so well......Have to say i was mightly impressed with em at Bedlam,really tight and great fun.......And there last cd was definitly one of the top releases of last year Cool Cool

jim1969
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:09 pm  Reply with quote
Hooty Hoo

Welsh John wrote:
jim1969 wrote:
Welsh John wrote:

Cheers mate!, nah....Toby didn't make a guest appearance Laughing
oh well he told me on facebook he might of made it there .obviously he didnt then. Laughing
mancpaul
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:51 pm  Reply with quote
Hooty Hoo

Good review mate, now I can't get that bloody Madonna song out my head..so thanks for that Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
tobe
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:22 am  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster

mancpaul wrote:
Good review mate, now I can't get that bloody Madonna song out my head..so thanks for that Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

The Welsh bastardo is like that !.... he gets under ya skin !

Welsh John
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:01 am  Reply with quote

tobe wrote:
mancpaul wrote:

The Welsh bastardo is like that !.... he gets under ya skin !

Like ringworm Twisted Evil

moshngo
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:19 am  Reply with quote
n00b

i was hammered...and someone stole my nappy.

i was hoping to sell that soiled item in the back pages of razzle in the coming weeks :-p

had a blast! thanks to the guy who booted me in the kidneys...pissing blood for two days was very enjoyable.

cheers to humungus and the evil devil boys who remembered i'd travelled to italy in the past to see them play. absolute blinder