[Reviews]
[Shop]
[Sounds]
[Tabs]
[Tattoos]

Search
wreckingpit.com:

PSYCHOBILLY FORUM

<  Reviews of concerts and festivals  ~  Imelda May supported by Furious, 9/10/10
Welsh John
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:21 am  Reply with quote

We made the trek to Manchester yet again last night, was it worth it?, imo..yes Very Happy .

The venue was at the uni & as such it's a good size,professionally run etc & it was heaving!, but there seemed to be a distinct lack of Rockin' types Confused , maybe now that Ms May's become popular it's not cool to go see her?...if so - fuck off you scenester bastards!!!!!!!.

Liverpool Teddy Boy band Furious were supporting & I find this band tediously boring (sorry boys), but...saying that,they sounded better (& heavier) than the few other times we've seen them,maybe 'cause it wasn't a Rock'n'Roll club?....they played mainly covers,nice version of 'Rumble' but...'you are my sunshine' WTF?.

Then there was a HUGE gap 'til Imelda took the stage.....we were subjected to some dubious sounds Sad ...but, she made up for it Cool ....she has a PHENOMENAL voice live Shocked Cool .... sounded just like on the recordings & her band are sooooo tight & professional, inc the MAD looking bassist Laughing , now...I fuckin' loathe ballads etc,but she managed to impress me with her vocals even whilst slowing it down Shocked , but when they decided to rock.....THEY ROCKED Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool , encored with a storming version of 'Tainted love', the main set was made up of a good few tracks off the new album,previous album & some choice covers....highlights were (for me) - 'Johnny got a boom boom' - 'Big bad handsome man' - 'Love tattoo' - 'Psycho'-'Mayhem' - 'Sneaky freak'....and a few covers!.

Nice to see Wongy & Harrie again too Laughing .

jim1969
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:58 pm  Reply with quote
Hooty Hoo

Welsh John wrote:
We made the trek to Manchester yet again last night, was it worth it?, imo..yes Very Happy .

The venue was at the uni & as such it's a good size,professionally run etc & it was heaving!, but there seemed to be a distinct lack of Rockin' types Confused , maybe now that Ms May's become popular it's not cool to go see her?...if so - fuck off you scenester bastards!!!!!!!.

Liverpool Teddy Boy band Furious were supporting & I find this band tediously boring (sorry boys), but...saying that,they sounded better (& heavier) than the few other times we've seen them,maybe 'cause it wasn't a Rock'n'Roll club?....they played mainly covers,nice version of 'Rumble' but...'you are my sunshine' WTF?.

Then there was a HUGE gap 'til Imelda took the stage.....we were subjected to some dubious sounds Sad ...but, she made up for it Cool ....she has a PHENOMENAL voice live Shocked Cool .... sounded just like on the recordings & her band are sooooo tight & professional, inc the MAD looking bassist Laughing , now...I fuckin' loathe ballads etc,but she managed to impress me with her vocals even whilst slowing it down Shocked , but when they decided to rock.....THEY ROCKED Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool , encored with a storming version of 'Tainted love', the main set was made up of a good few tracks off the new album,previous album & some choice covers....highlights were (for me) - 'Johnny got a boom boom' - 'Big bad handsome man' - 'Love tattoo' - 'Psycho'-'Mayhem' - 'Sneaky freak'....and a few covers!.

nice review as always. seen imelda may a couple of times and she rocked both times to.i dont look rockin these days in fact mate i havnt for years.but i know what you mean she gets a very mixed crowd to say the least . Wink
fatty231
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:13 am  Reply with quote
Wreckmaster

Ive yet to see her but have been mightly impressed when i seen em playing on Jools Holland and @ Glastonbury......Next time shes in the Toon ill be there,new cd is in the post as well Laughing

jim1969
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:21 pm  Reply with quote
Hooty Hoo

fatty231 wrote:
Ive yet to see her but have been mightly impressed when i seen em playing on Jools Holland and @ Glastonbury......Next time shes in the Toon ill be there,new cd is in the post as well Laughing
going to order the new album this week looking forward to this one. Wink
spug5ter
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:33 pm  Reply with quote
Wanker

fatty231 wrote:

11 February 2011 my spooning friend Wink

Mikey Wong
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:12 pm  Reply with quote
Hooty Hoo

Welsh John wrote:
there seemed to be a distinct lack of Rockin' types Confused

highlights were (for me) - 'Johnny got a boom boom' - 'Big bad handsome man' - 'Love tattoo' - 'Psycho'-'Mayhem' - 'Sneaky freak'....and a few covers!.

I concur Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger